Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sent encrypted password to an sap server

h3n
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am looking for a solution so secure the login process except the use of scn. In my company the communication between the sap gui and the sap server is not encrypted. Is there a solution to encrypt the password during the login process with the server? The goal is to make it unable to read the password on the network with a networksniffer like wireshark.

Kind regards

Henning

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
5 REPLIES 5

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

thanks for the quick response. Your Answer is very helpful! The SNC Client Encryption is only available for a Windows client. My Goal is to encrypted a RFC Connection between the SAP Server and an LCO Connection to an OS/390, too. Is there a solution available, too? for my understanding the solution you posted is for Windows Client only.

Kind regards

Henning

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SNC Client Encryption is designed to support a simple use case - encrypt communications between SNC apps on Windows Workstations and SAP ABAP AS. It does not include support for other features in SNC such as user authentication, and doesn't provide support for server to server connections. If you want any of these additional features when you need to use a different SNC library, and you will likely find that such a library is not free.

0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

thanks for your answer. I feared that. The SNC Solution seems to bee the only way to encrypt the servercommunication.

reagrds

Henning

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, SNC is an interface and it is only way to encrypt RFC connections. The SNC interface requires an SNC library, and you need an SNC library on both ends of the connection to give you the encryption you are looking for.