cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Explosion Problem in S.O. for Same Item Categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to explode a material BOM in sales order, but when I enter the head material at sales order item level, the system gives this message :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Structure explosion for item 000210 is not possible

Message no. V1578

Diagnosis

You have tried to carry out a structure explosion within an exploded structure, but this is not possible.

For example, the system finds one component and one item category within an exploded BOM that leads to another BOM explosion in document processing. This is not possible because you can only explode a multi- level BOM and the explosion can only start with a document item that has not been generated by the previous explosion.
Similar problems occur when combining BoM explosion and product selection.

System Response

The system does not carry out the lower-level explosion.

Procedure

Configure the settings in Customizing, so that sub-items do not lead to another explosion. It might be that the wrong item category was determined for the sub-item.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that I put materials with same item categories in 3 consequent BOM levels and it has settings as bellow:

Structure scope      B

Application          ENG1 (it is relevant for explosion in sales documents)

please give me a solution.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the BOM Item's item category and whether BOM explosion is active for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gobinath

Thanks for your comment.

the BOM explosion was active for related item category.

the problem has been resolved.

Answers (0)