Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create hourly inspection lot for a single GR

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to inspect a material once in a hour, as of now I am using the "Inspection points" for which system is creating one inspection lot and with the help of "Inspection points" I am doing the result recording for multiple times.

My scenario is,

We want to inspect a material for 10 times(for measuring its characteristics like greasing temp,elongation etc)  , I am doing the GR for the material, our QM person will inspect the material once in every hour and record the result, as of now I have assigned the Inspection point identifier and system creates inspection lot when GR is created, our user's are creating result recording in QE11 for 10 times and then they are doing UD. Is it an right procedure ???????

Is it possible for the system to create a "individual inspection lot" once In an hour???? so that we can do the result recording for a single material 10 times with 10 different inspection lots. If it is possible to How to do the configuration?

Please solve my query

J.Balakrishnan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If  your intention is only to do Result recording & not doing stock posting hourly ,use Inspection point concept instead to creating different Inspection lots

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Thank you. Can I use the existing standard T-Code - QE51N, for recording the results for Inspection points  ??????

J.Balakrishnan

J.Balakrishnan

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can!

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, issue cleared

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carrying out inspection using inspection point is the correct procedure that you are following.

New inspection lot is created as soon as you do GR. One can not restrict generation of inspection lot on hourly basis as it depends on when GR is posted. So second idea wouldn't work, as it has involvement of other agencies like MM module.

However, to simplify your work, you should continue with inspection point theory and record results multiple times against the same lot. Additionally you can do the setting so that system would generate automatically 10 inspection points (say first as 10am, second 11am, 12.00 noon, 1 pm..etc) And you should be able to record results against already created inspection points.

Anand

0 Kudos

Does SAP then do this automatically for example every 4 h ?

Where can I activate this option for automatic generate inspection points ?!