Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG 6.1 BP upload from CSV file

former_member591879
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all:

We need to upload ~14.000 BP (customer) addresses from a CSV file. Our system is on MDG-C 6.1 SP02. The data in the CSV file is quite simple. We only need to create a few address fields.

According to the research I did the only way to upload this data from a CSV file is to use MDG File Download/Upload. MDG File Download/Upload only allows the data upload by Entity Type. So, my conclusion is that our objective to create only a few address fields can become quite a complex task if we need to create a full BP/customer record by uploading entity by entity (table by table). This requires as well that one knows the right entity/table upload sequence.

1. We managed to upload BP_HEADER und BP_CENTRAL entities (BUT000). Currently we are stuck trying to upload the address data. Relevant entity types for the address data upload seem to be BP_ADDR (BUT020), ADDRNO (BUT020?) and AD_POSTAL/AD_NAME_O (ADRC). BP_ADDR, ADDRNO and AD_POSTAL are all giving the error message "Field Addr. no. of transfer structure is unknown" when we are trying to select and add field "Address Number" to the file download/upload structure. For the initial address creation our plan was to leave field "Address Number" (ADDRNO) blank in the upload file and only have values in field Business Partner Number (BP_HEADER) since Address Number range interval is internal according to our system customizing. However, as I said we are not even able to add field Address number to the download/upload structure because of the above mentioned error message. Did anyone already experience similar problems ? Or how did you manage to initially upload Address Numbers ?

2. Can anyone tell if corresponding customer tables are automatically populated by MDG CVI e.g. once we will upload the BP roles (BP_ROLE) or do we need to upload all relevant customer tables as well using corresponding entity types (e.g. BP_CUSGEN) ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Selho

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member219747
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Selho,

We have a similar requirement.

Could you provide your sample code here for the reference?

Thanking you well in advance.

Regards,

Mrityunjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Selho - have you found a solution for this...we are having the same challenge !!!

Please let me know

former_member591879
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Fabian,

sorry for the late reply. I am quite busy currently in my projects.

Regarding point 1. which I posted I had a longer discussion with SAP via an OSS message which we opened in this regard. At the end, SAP came back to us and told us that unfortunately MDG File Upload/Download can not be used to create full BP/customer records. File Upload/Download is intended for selected changes only. They promised to update the corresponding documentation because those limitations are not clearly pointed out from our point of view. For mass uploads/creations of full BP/customer records SAP is obviously recommending to use the Data Import Framework instead. I tested the SAP Data Import Framework sample template which was published by Lars Rueter for MDG-S to mass upload/create suppliers from CSV file and it worked. I had to install SAPLINK first. Unfortunately, there was no similar Data Import Framework sample template available for MDG-C. Developing your own Data Import Framework filter/template is obviously involving custom coding effort as you can see if you look at the MDG-S SAP Data Import Framework sample template.

Regarding point 2. which I posted I tried it out using File Import/Export and obviously as I was assuming the corresponding customer record was automatically created once I uploaded BP corresponding roles (BP_ROLE) data from CVS file.

Regards,

Selho

Message was edited by: Michael Theis due to points requested.