cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transfer Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to move restricted stock store to store via stock transport orders (UB)?

We have come across the following issue:

For customer deliveries we do not want to include restricted stock. To control this, our materials have availability check 02 maintained on material master.

For availability check 02 and deliveries (B), the availability checking does not have "Include Restricted Stock" checked.

This works fine for customer deliveries.

For our Stock Transport Orders, 02 and B also kick in, and we are not able to assign a restricted batch to the delivery.

Is there a way of differentiating between customer deliveries and stock transport deliveries during the availability checking process?

Kind Regards,

Finbarr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is your setting for the related movement type here: SPRO > Logistics - General > Batch Management > Batch Status Management > Activate Batch Status Check in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

for the movement type we have the checkbox "Transfer of batches with status 'restricted' allowed" selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since this is happening at the delivery level, the material might have an active availability check.

Check Sales-Plant view.  Set availability check = KP and try again.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay, that confirms that it is really the ATP check only. SAP always uses checking rule B for deliveries and does not differentiate between replenishment deliveries and deliveries to a customer. So I think the only option is to influence the ATP check via an user exit.

User exits for availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen. These userexits come with a health warning. it is unfortunate that customer deliveries and STO deliveries cannot be seperated via customization.

Kind Regards,

Finbarr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul.

If we un-restrict the batch, we can pick it.

When restricted we cannot.

Kind Regards,

Finbarr

Former Member
0 Kudos

For picking, you are right. We had the same issue. We were able to create the TO (with LT03) but we couldn't confirm using RF-based transactions.

We now pick using LT12 and it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I try to assign the storage location in VL02N (so that we can create a TO), the sytem does not allow it, giving an error message of

"Only 0 BAG of material 1023944  available"

Any other help is appreciated.

You would be hoping that you can move restricted stock via the STO process but I cannot get around this issue.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Finbarr,

Please, check SAP Note 885177 - Stock transfer in purchasing: New schedule line processing

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately the above note refers to availability checking at the STO create stage.

The problem I am experiencing is when creating a delivery against the STO. From what I can see, the availability checking taking place at the STO create process is separate to the availability checking at delivery stage.

Kind Regards,

Finbarr

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VL10G goto tab User Role.

Check if your stock detail field = CO09 (Availability Overview).