cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any restriction for package function to use with universe objects in IDT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to create universe objects using oracle package function in a universe layer in IDT. I was using following syntax. I found the below syntax is working fine with old version of unverse designer.In IDT it throws error "Invalid Identifier".

In IDT, schema name defined in the syntax  was automatically disappears on saving the recent changes.

Syntax used:

Schema_name.package_name.function_name(parameter1,parameter2).

I have been searching for this but end up in vain

Is there anybody around with a solution for this scenario.

Regards

Jabir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BO has never liked packages - if you can call a function instead, do so. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but that's to keep the solution DBMS agnostic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

The package and function is working with BO universe designer tool, Why it is not supported in IDT.

Regards

Jabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be a bug. Have you got the latest patch applied? The SAP patching approach is quite different to the release cycles that we were used to with previous versions and there seems to be a general trickle of bug fixes.

If you cannot get it working, then you may want to raise a ticket with SAP support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Could you please share the link to raise ticket with SAP.

Regards

Jabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jabir,

Details are here - https://scn.sap.com/thread/1002432

Regards,

Mark