cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Data Inputs to one RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I knew how to do this in the old VC (7.0)  by putting * in front of the event name on the connector. However when I try this in VC 7.3 it clears the event as if this is not valid. Anyone know how to do this? I have multiple tables going into the one RFC call.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

It seems to allow me to type the desired event  / global event name. Could you please add more details / screenshot for the case it does not?

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ehud

I think the problem was I was pressing the 'enter' key after typing the *eventname. I would think this is a bug? If I click off it then it is fine.

I have also found another issue which I am going to have to log with SAP as when I accidentally deleted my controls on my selection criteria I can no longer map them to the data source. They don't appear in the 'value' dropdown list. That is worth of another topic though..

Cheers

Brad

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the info. this is interesting - I was unable to experience the same, I press Enter and the name changes OK... Could you share more details like:

- Exact version (Main and SPS)

- Working in Browser or Eclipse version

- Anything else

I'd like to reproduce this so I could open an internal ticket. You could also open a ticket and enter there all the details if you prefer.

About the second topic - feel free to share the exact scenario here or open a ticket.

Note - you could use Undo / Redo in your modeling if you take a wrong step:

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think we are on one of the latest SP... 07? for VC.

I am using eclipse netweaver developer studio.

I have this happening in a couple of scenarios. I have a search field that I cannot seem to get working. IT was working previously and i'm not sure why it no longer works. It is showing as read only at runtime however in design it is not.

A simple call to retrieve vendor list.

As you can see below it is set to be editable in layout.

Runtime however it is greyed out. This WAS editable.

I have tried to delete the data source and readd it. I've tried adding another input field but no luck. I then tried to replicate this simply in another model and it works fine.

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

For the first problem, I fail to reproduce in Browser / Eclipse. I will need the exact scenario to the level of each key press etc. (sorry!). I agree this sounds like a bug.

For the second thing, I will have to analyze the model and compare it to the working one. I could do it if you open a ticket and attach the models to it (sorry again, I know this is more work for you...).

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ehud

Thanks for your fast response, I have managed to get around the problem by recreating a new form inside the same model.

This has happened a couple of times with this model. I 'think' it happens when I delete the connectors between components but I haven't figured out the trigger for sure yet so i'm not sure how to recreate it but I will raise a ticket as soon as I know.

No matter what I did with the existing form the link seems to be broken. I think it may be something to do with the 'leave controls, delete controls' option.

Cheers

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will raise another ticket regarding the enter key bug as soon as I can.

Cheers
Brad