cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMS-exception type "Other errors" is not getting triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying out some scenarios in IMS. I want to check exception type- "Other Errors" which is a most generic exception type. I have tried many options like- removed country from partner id address, tried posting invoice after removing account assignment category but for all these invoice triggers exception- duplicate invoice which i am unable to understand. can anybody please tell me what are the settings required for exception type- other errors?

2. I even tried exception type "missing goods receipt". Excption type is getting triggered but after creation of confirmation- the status of the exception is not getting changed to clarified. Instead it gives an error- User is locked please try after some time.

Please help

Regards

Kapil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Please read the possible exception types in IMS

Have you set these exception in Settings for Invoice Monitor

Purpose

In the Settings for Invoice Monitor application, you can make settings directly on the user interface for every exception that you wish to adjust.

Digital signature

For each exception, you can define whether you want to use a digital signature.

If you use a digital signature, the field Digital Signature is active on the Adobe PDF form and the processor of the form has to sign it before sending it back.

The system then checks that the signature is valid.

If the signature is invalid, or the processor does not sign the form, an error message is written to the log and the e-mail is closed.

You can assign a digital signature to a vendor in two different ways.

· The user assigns a partner certificate and sends it to the vendor.

· The user uses the vendor’s signature certificate. This certificate has to be registered on the ADS server. For more information, see the SAP NetWeaver Configuration Guide Interactive Forms based on Adobe Software on the SAP Service Marketplace under service.sap.com/instguidesNW2004s.

Additionally, you can make settings for the following exceptions:

Invoice duplicate

This exception is triggered if you try to post an invoice that has already been posted. The two invoices are compared using criteria that you have specified. In the settings, you can define whether a notification e-mail is automatically sent in the case of an invoice duplicate exception, and to whom this e-mail is sent. Furthermore, you can tailor the duplicate check to suit your requirements. The following criteria are available:

Consider special characters in the vendor invoice number

Check the number of items and purchase order number

Additionally, you can define that the invoice is automatically deleted as soon as the vendor confirms that a duplicate invoice exists.

¡ Fields for duplicate check

On this tab page, you can activate the fields that are relevant for the duplicate check. Furthermore, you can define a maximum variance for each field. In other words, you define whether the data in the fields should be an exact match, or whether small differences are acceptable.

¡ Exclude vendor values and or invoice values

On this tab page, you can exclude certain vendors and/or invoice values from the duplicate check. If, for example, you always receive invoices from one vendor for the same amount, you can enter this here so as to prevent unnecessary checks.

¡ Group vendors

On this tab page, you can group vendors that have several vendor numbers together in a data record to facilitate the duplicate check. Entries in this table cause an update in the TREX database which might lead to a short delay.

Regardless of your settings, the system performs a standard duplicate check (for vendor invoice numbers or vendor numbers that match exactly, for a +/- 7 day period) to ensure that these duplicates are found. If this standard check is not successful, a further check is performed using the settings that you made.

· Missing external information

This exception is triggered if you try to post an invoice that contains incomplete or incorrect information. In the settings, you can define whether a notification e-mail is automatically sent in the case of an exception caused by missing external information, and to whom this e-mail is sent. Furthermore, you can define whether the e-mail contains a link to the SRM System, where the missing/incorrect information can be entered directly in an interactive form.

· Missing internal information

This exception is triggered if you try to post an invoice that contains incomplete or incorrect information. In the settings, you can define whether a notification e-mail is automatically sent in the case of an exception caused by missing internal information, and to whom this e-mail is sent. Furthermore, you can define whether the e-mail contains a link to the SRM System, where the missing/incorrect information can be entered directly in an interactive form.

· Missing goods receipt

If no digital signature is used, two additional fields are displayed in the PDF form. The processor has to enter his first and last name into these fields before he/she sends the e-mail back.

In the settings, you can define whether a notification e-mail is automatically sent in the case of an exception caused by a missing goods receipt, and to whom this e-mail is sent. You can define how long the invoice should remain with status 'Waiting for Preceding Documents' before it receives the status 'To be Corrected Manually’. Furthermore, you can define how many days pass before an e-mail is sent to the goods recipient. When the goods recipient then confirms that no goods delivery has taken place, an e-mail is automatically sent to the vendor. If the goods receipt has already taken place, you can either define that the goods recipient confirms this automatically in an interactive form, or that the goods recipient uses a link in the e-mail to confirm the goods receipt in the SRM system.

· Incorrect reference

This exception is triggered if you try to post an invoice that refers to an incorrect reference. In the settings, you can define whether a notification e-mail is automatically sent in the case of an exception caused by an incorrect reference, and to whom this e-mail is sent. Furthermore, you can define whether the e-mail contains a link to the SRM System.

· Approval overdue

This exception is triggered if an invoice remains in approval status for longer than allowed. You can define how long an invoice can remain in approval status before the exception is triggered.

· Other errors

This exception is triggered if you try to post an invoice that contains errors. In the settings, you can define whether a notification e-mail is automatically sent in the case of an exception caused by other errors, and to whom this e-mail is sent. Furthermore, you can define whether the e-mail contains a link to the SRM System.

Note that the invoice is checked in accordance with the vendor tolerance limits in the case of the following exceptions: If these are exceeded, an error message is output.

· Price variance

This exception is triggered if you try to post an invoice that contains price variance that exceeds the tolerance limit. In the settings, you can define whether a notification e-mail is automatically sent in the case of a price variance, and to whom this e-mail is sent. You can stipulate that the invoice is posted automatically if the price variance is approved on account of the e-mail. Furthermore, you can define whether the e-mail contains a link to the SRM System.

· Quantity variance

This exception is triggered if you try to post an invoice that contains quantity variance that exceeds the tolerance limit. In the settings, you can define whether a notification e-mail is automatically sent in the case of a quantity variance, and to whom this e-mail is sent. You can stipulate that the invoice is posted automatically if the quantity variance is approved on account of the e-mail. Furthermore, you can define whether the e-mail contains a link to the SRM System.

· Tax variance

This exception is triggered if you try to post an invoice that contains tax variance that exceeds the tolerance limit. In the settings, you can define whether a notification e-mail is automatically sent in the case of a tax variance, and to whom this e-mail is sent. You can stipulate that the invoice is posted automatically if the tax variance is approved on account of the e-mail. Furthermore, you can define whether the e-mail contains a link to the SRM system.

In Invoice monito system pls check the what setting is done for Duplicate invoice, Missing GR and other invoice.

Based on these setting only system identifies what type of exception it is.

In other errors you should mention in Settings for Invoice Monitor what are the fileds your consider for other exception.

Hope this information will help.

Thanks & Best regards

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girisha,

Thanks for your reply. But Girisha these are the things which I have already taken care and these are also available in sap help. Now I need to undersatnd what settings we require for defining exception types in SPRO. I have seen my settings- for all exception types some error messages are assigned but for excpetion type "other errors" no message type is defined. Is this the reason for not triggering this exception type by the system? If yes- then which message types need to be assigned for this exception type? For every useful answer relevant points will be awarded.

Thanks and regards

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>What all message types are available in this case ?</b>

Try assigning 'A' or 'X' message type and see what happens.

Have you seen the following OSS Note ->

<u>Note 891753 - IMS. Exception 'Other Error' after e-mail receipt</u>

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

There is no option available for message type A or X. also this OSS note is not solviong my problem. 1.Do u hav any other solution for this?

2. Can you provide me the list of error messages to be assigned for each exception type?

Regards

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have done these things quite long time back. Which sAP version are you using ? What you want to achieve with this ?

I forgot the correct steps. Please provide me the details of what all you need in an email to my email id

atul.kant@gmail.com

Hope this will help.

I will update you soon.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member