cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do configure PI in local computer after installing ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have installed ECC 6.0(Enhancement package) in local computer. In systems tab it's showing pi 731 release.

When i type SXMB_IFR it's opening new tab with server not found.

How to configure server windows 2003 installed in my system, i mean port no etc....

Please help in configuring so that i can use pi in my laptop.

Regards,

Ch.Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

PI is not installed with ECC 6.0. From your description it seems you have not installed PI, so I am wondering why you are expecting sxmb_ifr to work?

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello mark,

Sorry for insufficient information. I have installed EHP6(ECC 6.0 Enhancement package).

I'm able to see the pi 731 in system's tab.

Could you please let me know the exact version if i'm wrong.

Regards,

Mark.

former_member194612
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

pls check the below thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1482775

Thanks

Satish

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use note 1628214 Process Integration (PI) Usage Types Overview to check the Usage Types that are installed.

Also check note 1381878 How/where to check the patch levels of your XI/PI system. You can verfify if the PI Software components are installed and if so, what SP and PL they are on.

Are you sure that it is PI you are seeing in the systems tab? Sometimes you will see a PI_BASIS here, which is a Basis Plug-In and not PI related.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

you are right, i'm able to see PI_BASIS. So how to get the exact pi 7.3 installation.

Which ECC or EHP package supports pi or any package additionally needs to be installed in my system besides ehp6.

please help me i'm desperately in need of pi system.

Regards,

Ch.Venkat.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go to the SAP Service Marketplace to download the relevant Installation Guide. Direct link: service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP NetWeaver -> NetWeaver 7.3 -> Installation.

Please use that document to start with the process of getting PI/PO installed.

Do not worry about a PI/PO system being compliant with an ECC back end system. There are no constraints.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

PI must be a separate install. You cannot install it 'on top' of this ECC. See note 1641199 PI 7.3 download path from SAP Service Marketplace, for the PI download location.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Thank you. Thank you so much.

Could you please assist me till i install the pi in my system. This is first time i'm installing sap software so I have the below queries. Please look into it.

1. I'm able to find the option "windows-sql server" option in installation. i'm able to see zip files downloaded into download basket.Will these zip files install sql server or microsoft sql server needs to be present in my laptop(prerequsite).

2. Already i installed sql server in my laptop. where to install this zip files(how to proceed).

3.Any app server needs to be present in laptop(mine is windows 8 64-bit).

4.How to configure the SLD, ESR,ID..... url, host port....etc.

Could you please share any document or note regarding this configuration.

Regards,

Ch.venkat.

Answers (0)