Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME Configuration

former_member182921
Participant
0 Kudos

HI SAP Experts ,

I am not able to understand what is UME ????

what is its use and if in our landscape we don't have Java then do we still require UME ??

Most important i have to configure UME .So if any of you have any link where step by step is given for UME ??

please provide .

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

In Simple words we can define UME as below.

It is User Management Engine for all your Java Stack systems.

When you install Java system then you can configure UME to different data sources like ABAP stack,Java Database or LDAP etc.

So whatever UME source you configure(ABAP,Java Database ,LDAP) all you users in Java will automatically adminstered in that particular source.

Suppose you have configured your UME to point to ABAP stack to client 200 or 500

then all you Java users like j2ee_admin , admonistrator etc can be adminstered by logging into that particular client(locking unlocking etc).

what is its use and if in our landscape we don't have Java then do we still require UME ??

UME is a concept which is bundled  in Java stack and will only be present if you are planning to implement Java system.

Configuration of UME:

You first need to decide when you are planning to implement Java stack and which data source you will choose - ABAP(Configure) , Java Database(by default) , LDAP(Configure).

Thanks and Regards,

Kunal Gahlot

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Most important i have to configure UME .So if any of you have any link where step by step is given for UME ??

You already said that there is Java stack then where exactly are you planning to configure UME ?

Are you building a new Java system ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/5b/5d2706ebc04e4d98036f2e1dcfd47d/content.htm

The user management engine (UME) provides a centralized user management for all Java applications and can be configured to work with user management data from multiple data sources. It is seamlessly integrated in the SAP NetWeaver Application Server (AS) Java as its default user store and can be administrated using the administration tools of the AS Java.

The UME adds business value by enabling you to leverage your existing system infrastructure by accessing user-related data on an existing LDAP directory, an AS ABAP system, a database of the AS Java, or any combination of these. In addition it reduces administrative overhead by allowing you to perform centralized user administration.

Can you please clear the point why you want to do so.

"Most important i have to configure UME .So if any of you have any link where step by step is given for UME ??"

Thanks

Rishi Abrol