cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to make trial balance even for few days report painter

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company need trial balance from system even for some days. Like Date 12.09.2013  to 23.09.2013.

I have created such report with help of ABAPer. But in my recent interview i have been asked from Accenture that why do not you make this report thru Report painter.

can anyone suggest in this regard that which tcode (report painter tcode) can be used to create such report.

main problem here is to consider data from 01.09.2013 to 11.09.2013 be part of opening balance.

Format of trial balance required is

Dr opening balance | Cr opening balance |  Dr for period 12.09.2013  to 23.09.2013 | Cr for 12.09.2013  to 23.09.2013 |  Total Dr         |      Total Cr

Can we achieve this thru Report painter

Atleast from Accenture someone should answer it

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We all have been tracking document of Sharifuddin for but its not available. I have implemented exactly the same requirement through ABAP Report.(Report Painter Output was very slow). If anybody needs it, i will be happy to share the logic and code if needed that gives output in a ALV Report format.

Regards

Saurabh Sharma

former_member184878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Balances are reported in SAP from total tables.

classical GL: GLT0

SAP nGL: FAGLFLEXT

in these tables values are available per month, including balance carry forward.

I am afraid, you will not be able reporting your requirement by SAP standard.

You can make Z report and building up balances at certain cut off date.

Example: balances at 28 06 2016 for certain accounts.

accounts: balances carry forward + all relevant documents of current year (BESEG or FAGLFLEXA) until cut off date.

classical GL: using BSEG table (forcurrent year at ) + and GLT for balance carry forward

SAP nGL: using FAGLFLEXA table (forr current year) + FAGLFLEXT table for balance carry forward.

all the best erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Considering 28.6.2016 as key date, I believe we can also pull the data till  Previous Period (May'2016 ) from FAGLFLEXT along with Balances Carryforward and get data of balance 28 days from FAGLFLEXA or BSEG(preferably) and add up the amounts. It will save a lot of processing time.

Cheers

Saurabh

former_member184878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Of course, you also can make a report a cut off date as an instance

28.05 2016

taking data:

balance carry forward plus 01 - 04

and take date from 01.05 - 28-05 from BSEG

You also can use BSEG instead of FAGLFLEXA when using SAP nGL.

BSEG = entry view.

FAGL*A = GL view.

concerning balances per balance sheet account is on variance.

all the best erwin

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction code for Trial Balance is S_ALR_87012310

Here go to click dynamic selections ((Shift+F4) and select Posting date and document date etc.

Try same way for any other transaction code you are using.

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

Yes, you can achieve this thru Report painter report.

First of all, you have to create Library using TCode: GR21

Then you have to create Report Painter Report with in the above created library using TCode GRR1.

After filling section name and lead column, Double Click Column 1 , select key figure with characteristics,

Select following Characteristic as per your company requirement:

Fiscal Year     2013                                        

Record Type  0                                        

Debit/Credit    S                                        

Posting Date  12.09.2013    to      23.09.2013

edit the column description as DR. Opening Balance.

Now double click on Column 2, do the similar action as above with Column description as CR. Opening Balance

Fiscal Year    2013                                        

Record Type  0                                        

Debit/Credit    H                                        

Posting Date  12.09.2013     to       23.09.2013

Double click Row 1

Account Number      1                   to                    999999999

Edit the row description as Total.

Save the report.

Go to Edit -> General Data Selection

Ledger                 0L

Version                0

Company Code   N001

Now Execute report, following warning appear:

Do you want to save and

execute the report?              YES

Do you want to insert the

report in a report group?       YES

Report Group ZDC1 (Any Name)

The report group does not exist

Do you want to create it?     YES

Now Execute the report.

Assign point if helpful.

Thnaks & Regards

Tejveer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boss when we want a library with two tables FAGLFLEXT AND FAGLFLEXA. Is it possible in system.

If we are not able to make library how would we start report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

You can create a library with only one table (either with FAGLFLEXT or FAGLFLEXA), its better to create with FAGLFLEXT and select all the characteristic in that library.

Once the library created in the system then you can start with report.

Regards

Tejveer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Format of trial balance required is

Dr opening balance for 12.09.2013 | Cr opening balance 12.09.2013|   faglflext plus faglflexa

Dr for period 12.09.2013  to 23.09.2013 |    faglflexa

Cr for 12.09.2013  to 23.09.2013 |         faglflexa

Total Dr  23.09.2013         |      Total Cr  23.09.2013

Now tell me how should i make using only one table when i need both.tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The key here is you need a fiscal year variant with 366 periods. This will make daily opening balance as well as closing balace and cumulative balance possible.Fiscal year variant with 366 periods can only be created in Special Purpose Ledger. So you need to activate SPL, create fiscal year variant and create report painter report.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

In order to meet this requirement you have to make the use of SET using TCode GS01.

Create 1 basic SET with Table FAGLFLEXT & Field RACCT and other basic SET with Table FAGLFLEXA & Field RACCT as follow:

1) Table FAGLFLEXT & Field RACCT

You can customize your trial balance depending upon your company requirement:

Basic set             ZCDAC1_SET

Table                   FAGLFLEXT
Field name          RACCT

From Value         To Value

1                          999999

2)Table FAGLFLEXA & Field RACCT

Basic set             ZCDAC2_SET

Table                   FAGLFLEXA
Field name          RACCT

From Value         To Value

1                          999999

Now you can use these two SET in report painter as follow:

Double click on column 1 i.e. Dr. Opening Balance

Confirm.

Double click on column 2 i.e. Cr. Opening Balance

Confirm.

Double Click on Row 1

Since you want to see the total balance according to posting date, therefore do as follow:

Now Explode the Row : Edit-> Rows-> Explode-> expand

Go to Edit -> Gen. Data Selection

Since i have made the use of Table GLPCT in my library therefore i have selected Ledger as 8A, but you can use your own ledger / record type / version, etc. depending upon your own requirement.

Now Save and execute the report (To execute the report follow the step mentioned in my above post).Output of my report is not having the same debit and credit balance due to intercompany transaction.

Please assign point, if helpful.

Regards

Tejveer Singh

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The format which is mentioned by Tejveer is not user friendly.

I think the only way is ABAP thing from FAGLFLEXA & FAGLFLEXT tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using ABAP we are using for three years.But people I meet insist of doing thru Report painter But when it come to show how it can be done then everyone backs off.

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please respect the rules of the forum, members of the forum & and their posts. If the answer is not met with your requirement then ask again and again in request full manner. They are trying to help you. Don’t demand and don’t show your frustration here.

If this repeats your posts will disappear from the forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From where did you get the indication that i disrespected any member  I Quoted  " people i meet " meaning people i meet during interviews( my interviewers) and personal life( my known persons) and not on SDN forum.

So please unblock it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying ur format would it give me this result. I want to know just by viewing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Yes report painter would give you trial balance as per your screen shot, but you have to do following modifaction:

Double Click Column 1 (Opening Dr Balance)

Enter Period '0' for Opening Balance

Double Click Column 2 (Opening Cr Balance)

Double Click Column 3 (Dr During Period)

Select Period from 1 to 12

Double Click Column 4 (Cr During Period)

Double Click Column 5 (Dr as on Date)

Select Period from '0' to 12 (to Calculate Balance as on date by adding opening balance '0' with balnce during period '1 to 12')

Double Click Column 6 (Cr as on Date)

Now double click Row 1 (Totals General Ledger: FAGLFLEXT)

Update Account Number with the SET ZCDAC1_SET created with Table FAGLFLEXT & Field RACCT as discussed in my above post:

double click Row 2 (Totals General Ledger: FAGLFLEXA)

double click Row 3 (Total of Row 1 and Row 2)

Apply formula this time to add row 1 and row 2

Now Execute the report:

Report OUTPUT

since report having too much record, the below screen shot show the collpase format of the report

In case of query, Let me know.

Assign point, if helpful.

Regards

Tejveer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boss tell me Which Library you are using as I am not getting those options which you are suggesting in screen shots.

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don'f find the posting date field in the selection screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I have created library with reference to table GLPCT (EC-PCA: Totals Table) and then select characteristic as desired (you can also select all characteristic)

Murali,

You can also find the posting date field in the selection screen as discuss above in the library created with reference to table GLPCT (EC-PCA: Totals Table). but i think 'posting date' field no longer require to meet sanjeev requirement instead he can make use of 'period' field to get desired ouput.

Regards

Tejveer

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per Tejveer Singh's Instruction You can see it.

former_member197737
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To create a date wise trial balance based on report painter and tables FAGFLEXT and FAGLFLEXA please do the following:

1) Go to GRCT tcode and select FALFLEXT table

2) Add sepecial characteristic -> table:= FAGLFLEXT; original table:= FAGLFLEXA; Field Name:= BUDAT; Field Type:= 2. Save and continue

3) Add basic key figure -> table:= FAGLFLEXT; Basic Key Figure:= UMSAV; Key figure Category:= 3; Database Group1 Table:=FAGFLEXT; Field:= HSLVT; Field with unit:= LCURR; Number Fields:= 16; Max Period:= 992. Save and continue.

4) Create new library (GR21) based on FAGLFEXT table. You must select new characteristic added (BUDAT) and new key figure "UMSAV".

5) Create the following variables (GS11):

ZDATE1 (set type; all values; Value entry only), based on FAGLFLEXA-BUDAT, should be used as "Previous Dates"

ZDATE2 (set type; all values; Value entry only), based on FAGLFLEXA-BUDAT, should be used as "Current Dates"

6) Create new report GRR1 based on new library. You should be using new key basic figure UMSAV, new characteristic BUDAT and new variables ZDATE1 and ZDATE2).

Row1:= Accounts needed (or group of accounts)

Column1 (Balance Carry Forward):= key figure UMSAV and fiscal year as characteristic

Column2 (Previous Date):= key figure BHSL-I and posting date and fiscal year as characteristics. Use ZDATE1 for posting date.

Column3 (Current Debits):= key figure BHSL-I and posting date; credit/debit ind. and fiscal year as characteristics. Use ZDATE2 for posting date and "S" as debit indicator.

Column4 (Current Credits):=

key figure BHSL-I and posting date; credit/debit ind. and fiscal year as characteristics. Use ZDATE2 for posting date and "H" as credit indicator.

Column5 (Total):= Formula (sum all 4 previous columns)

Add General data selection for all missing or wanted characteristics.

Your selection screen should have at least, Company Code, Fiscal Year, Previous Dates, and Current Dates as selection parameters.

This worked for me and thanks to Sharifuddin Syed document!

Best Regards!

PD: Be aware the performance could not be the best, depending on size of FAGFLEXT and FAGLFLEXA tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your every screen shot you have mentioned Period.

But my requirement is Date and your screen shot of Selection also not showing posting date then how would user put Posting date?

still not working for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try your way and inform shortly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boss not able to clear your step 6 as i am not able to trace key figure UMSAV. please if you can send exact place where i can find it . i hope you want me look into basic key figure but i am not able to find it here after i have followed your 5 steps

former_member197737
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you done step 3 in GRCT? Verify if you added basic key figure UMSAV for FAGLFLEXT. If so, you must see this new basic figure in you new library created in step 4. Verify the key figure UMSAV is selected in new library.

If these two steps are correct, then you must see it as basic key figure when adding (our double clicking) the column. Remeber UMSAV is not a characteristic, it's a basic key figure. In your pic we can only see CC_HSL basic key figure. Display the hole list to see if it is available.

Best regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boss,see all these steps screenshots where can i find this UMSAV

former_member197737
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It worked for me. Try creating library again and after that create new report.

My pics:

Best Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Periods are defined in Fiscal Year variant. If a Fiscal Year Variant has 366 periods, each posting date is a period and you are able to get opening, closing, cumulative balances (same principle as you get those for 12 periods if you use FV with 12 periods). All leap years will have 366 periods. Regular years are shorterned with 365 periods. This can only be achieved in Special Purpose Ledger or EIS or BI or other analytical systems. You can definitly use Report Painter in SPL to achieve a daily trial balance once the ledger with 366 periods is activated and data is populated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boss , i have got that option UMSAV but my problem is that i need posting date in general selection but if i do that i get this error.

how shld i now proceed

former_member197737
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Posting date (ZDATE1 for previous and ZDATE2 for current) will be needed for columns: 2 (Previous Period), 3 (Debit Current Period) and 4 (Credit Current Period), so you should insert ZDATE1 and ZDATE2 as general selections. When you insert these two variables in corresponding columns (see my previous instructions), please be sure to activate both flags, "Flag for entering sets" and "Flag for entering Variables".

Best Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boss still there is some GAP in understanding, so i am sending your three step settings with screen shot so that you could find where i am wrong

Row1:= Accounts needed (or group of accounts)

Column1 (Balance Carry Forward):= key figure UMSAV and fiscal year as characteristic

If i need trial for 05/06/2013   to 15/06/2013

For me first column requirement is Dr(opening)   which will be balance of all previous years till 31/03/2013

and includes balance for period 01and 02 of fiscal year 2013 plus all balance of  transaction happened during 01/05/2013 till 04/06/2013.   All these will combinedly will be called opening debit balance.

For me second column requirement is Cr(opening)   which will be balance of all previous years till 31/03/2013

and includes balance for period 01and 02 of fiscal year 2013 plus all balance of  transaction happened during 01/05/2013 till 04/06/2013.   All these will combinedly will be called opening credit balance.

But according to your settings i would not get my first column.

Secondly

Column2 (Previous Date):= key figure BHSL-I and posting date and fiscal year as characteristics. Use ZDATE1 for posting date.and later you gave me this view that

Posting date (ZDATE1 for previous and ZDATE2 for current) will be needed for columns: 2 (Previous Period), 3 (Debit Current Period) and 4 (Credit Current Period), so you should insert ZDATE1 and ZDATE2 as general selections. When you insert these two variables in corresponding columns (see my previous instructions), please be sure to activate both flags, "Flag for entering sets" and "Flag for entering Variables".

First of all i am not able to put these as your instructions in general selection secondly If i put ZDATE1 and ZDATE2 as general selections then these would not be available in report columns.

Thirdly i could not find  credit/debit ind. in characteristics.  pls guide.

former_member197737
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saanjev,

First of all, I must apologize, I meant you should not insert ZDATE1 and ZDATE2 as general selections.

Secondly, the report that I've mentioned has 5 columns:

C1: Year Opening balance (no debit/credit split)

C2: Balance from previous dates (should populate ZDATE1 from 01.01.2013 to 04.06.2013), no Debit/Credit split

C3: Debits for current dates (should populate ZDATE2 from 05.06.2013 to 15.06.2013) and debit indicador

C4: Credits for current dates (should populate ZDATE2 from 05.06.2013 to 15.06.2013) and credit indicador

C5: Total (Sum of previous columns)

If this format does not meet your requirements, try changing it as per your requirements.

Debit/Credit indicator should be selected as characteristic in library created.

Best regards!

0 Kudos

Hi,

I know it is a very old thread, just wanted to know is it ECC 6. 04

I think this is not available in ECC 6.0

Regards,

SNM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls any expert at least answer it as to is it really possible or not thru report painter and ABAP is only way.

If such things are not really possible in system then why interviewers ask such questions.

former_member184580
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Please find below document which may help you for better understanding report painter.

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

my only concern is how to add balances and details of actual transactions for few days in a single report.  i have seen all these link all day not a single link is useful.

How in a single report i would be able to see op balances and balance for few days from a specific date to a specific date.

every place i see posting period what needed is from posting date posting date to posting date

former_member197737
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once there was a link to a document posted by Sharifuddin Syed, which explained what you want, using Report Painter:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33486

The link was removed, and I don't know why, but the report, at least worked fine for me. I was able to generated a date wise trial balance using Report Painter.

Best Regards!

Mgitur