cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Numbering scheme in SAP AII/OER

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI ,

I have a requirement to  support  custom numbering scheme UPU 2-9-2  barcode. I know this is not supported  out of the box by SAP AII/OER.

Will appreciate any  body sharing custom numbering scheme  implementation experiance in SAP AII/OER.

Thanks

Tusar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tusar,

I donot have any hands on custom numbering scheme  implementation experience yet.If you would provide more details or specifics abt your requirement/issue, I shall try to assist you with technical details.

Regards

Sam Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

This is a  serial nuber requirement for postal client.  As per UPU standard they will use UPU 2-9-2  barcode   on artcle/Bag level

where first 2 characters denote product  type  parcel/speedpost etc  , next 9 will be 8 digit serial number + check digit, last 2 characters denote country of origin. something like EM123456789IN

Once an article is commmissioned , it will follow normal track n trace path thru AII/OER

The implemenation landscape is SAP AII/OER/EM.  OER will be the central number range repository & going to distribute number ranges to local AII.

so wanted to know

what are the steps for custom range  like UPU 2-9-2 development in AII/OER?

How OER is going to store these custom UPU 2-9-2 numbers  epc format/custom format?

How the OER EPCIS interface is going handle these custom numbers/any customization required?

What are the OER objects typically deal with Number range management internally.?

How much cutstomizion will be required and detailed steps involved?

Regards

Tusar

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi tusar das,

I did some digging & here is my finding..

1. If you should create ID types unique to your scenario, then may be you should have a look at - Tcode SPRO >> AutoID Infrastructure >> Basic Settings >> ID Settings >> Maintain ID Types.

Comparing it with certain rules from http://www.upu.int/uploads/tx_sbdownloader/catalogueStandardsCatalogueOfUpuStandardsEn_01.pdf might give you an idea where to start or how to get started.

2. I stumbled upon this while surfing the SPRO tcode.

well, to know more about the Internal Issuing agency code & its purpose, follow the path Tcode SPRO >> AutoID Infrastructure >> Basic Settings >> ID Settings >> Maintain Internal & External IAC & click on the icon (document with a spectacle) beside the stop-clock.

I may not have answered your questions but I hope I was of some help.

Regards

Sam