cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with Leading zeros in CVCs of APO DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an issue in production system with leading zeros of numeric material numbers. 0MATERIAL is the infoobject which has been used as a characteristics in MPOS. The char length is 18 . And the conversion routine MATN1 is used in 0MATERIAL. In OMATERIAL for a partiular material we have two entries like 1234 and 0000...1234.

The same can be seen in Planning book when we upload the data. Though the CVC combinations are unique but we want to display the material numbers without leading zeros.

In MC62 when internal number button is clicked ,system shows material number with leading zeros and for some without leading zero. This only happens for the CVCs for which we have issues. For other CVCs it shows material number with leading zero in MC62 when internal button is clicked.

In SPRO , leading zero option is not checked.

Also In OMSL we have restriction on Material length as 5 digit. We have executed consistency checks and it does not show any duplicate entries.

The CVCs are created from a infocube and infocube does not have material numbers with leading zero.

Please suggest how we can resolve the issue ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Yes you are right.. It does not make any sense. I joined this project recently.

I checked and found that the previous infocube is not used anymore. The process chain is running.

We have decided to delete unwanted CVCs from the MPOS.

I will keep you posted on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DogBoy,

Thanks for your response. We have found that there is an another infocube to create CVCs and into that material numbers have leading zeros.

But when I created few CVCs in MPOS none of them showed leading zero in planning book. also in OMSL 'Leading Zero' and 'lexicograpical' indicators are not checked.

We are not able to replicate the scenario in QA.

No, we did not try to delete any CVCs till now because there are some transaction data in PA. I am planning for ralignment but In the source material number of a realignment step not able to enter a material number with leading zeros as the length of a material number restriction of 5 numeric number is maintained in OMSL.

Also we are using standard upload process from Infocube to Planning area.

Please let me know if i am missing anything ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhijit,

Is there some design restriction that makes you want to load CVCs from two different I/Cs, each of which has different formats for 0Material? Doesn't make much sense to me......

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhijit,

The CVCs are created from a infocube and infocube does not have material numbers with leading zero.

This evidence would lead one to believe that there is (or was) an additional method for creating CVCs. 

Did you try just deleting the offensive CVCs?  "Someone" might have just created the erroneous entries manually....

If you have 'wrong' entries in the PA, you may also wish to perform realignment as well.

You also mention 'uploading data'.  If you are using a custom program (not the standard upload/download), this would be an area for investigation.  If you are instead using standard ul/dl functionality, you have to start with a CLEAN book (no duplicates).

Best Regards,

DB49