cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign quality engineer to materials

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

We would like to be able to notify our Supplier Quality Engineers via workflow in cases of engineering changes to materials, similar to what we do for assigned Purchasing Group (buyer). I can certainly create a role which includes all SQEs and email them of all changes, but they would prefer to be individually assigned to each material, based on their sphere of responsibility.

Can anyone suggest a field in the material master or quality info record which might be used to assign a code for each inspector?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I might consider a multi-valued characteristic added to a material class (type 001).  You might already have material classes in which case you just need to add a characteristic.

You can setup your characteristics with allowed text values which could be the email addresses (if under 40 characters), or the SAP user ID's of the Supplier Quality Engineers that should receive the notifications. 

You would of course need to program your workflow to look these values up.  The advantage of this is that you can have just one person assigned to the material or all of them.

The disadvantage, which might not be huge depending on your organization, is that you have to maintain the allowed values as people change roles.  There are mass change transactions however in classification that can help you do that.  You'd have to have a business process for that of course.

FF

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions. As we do not currently use inspection plans, we don't have a good option here, so we may create a classification which can be assigned to the workflow on the ECRs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In material master you can use QM Material Authorization field to assign the Inspectors.

This field is also used for digital signatures also. So in customization you have to remove the

signature option and assign it to material master. In QA32 report also you can see the QM Material

Authorization field against each inspection lot.

CSN

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe however that if you set the material authorization up then you also limit QM master data changes to just that authorization group.  In this case I don't believe these Supplier Quality Engineers are responsible for the data.  They just want to be notified of changes.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have the option of assigning Quality Inspector at MIC level. As single material can have different MIC & each MIC inspection requires different knowledge set, assigning Inspector at MIC level would be more appropriate.

If you still want to do it in Material or Info Record level, then you may need to append fields in standard screen or develop Z screen to update the Inspector.