cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load custom conversion factors into TCUR* tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing a POC on SAP HANA for doing run time aggregations.

I am having doubts on currency and unit conversion tables.

We are already having currency conversion and unit of conversion tables in SQL Server. How can we have this information moved into TCUR* and T0006, T006A? and how to keep these tables updated with the latest currency information?

I would greatly appreciate your help and thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravindra,

As of now we are dumping the data from SQL Server into csv files and loading the data into the tables in HANA from the csv files.

The problem that I am having in using this approach to load the currency tables is I don't know what the definition of all the currency tables is (schema description). I am not able to find any documentation on what column means what in each of currency tables. Can you please guide me to any place where I can get this information.

Also, I read that the date is stored as inverted data in GDATU column of all the tables. How can I convert the normal date in SQL Server to SAP format in GDATU column?

Thanks,

Chaitanya

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Please find a link below which has some basic information on currency table structure.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/36/412ad80cb511d5b2df0050da4c74dc/content.htm

Although this is not the complete information, it might be helpful in getting the basic data. As you might be aware of, there are more tables to be populated which are required for the conversion.

I am not aware of any SAP documentation for the tables but if you google / search on SCN for each of the tables below, you may find the required information.

TCURR, TCURC, TCURX, TCURF, TCURT, TCURV

Regarding the date, as mentioned in the first link, you will need to convert the date to VARCHAR in the given format 'yyyymmdd'. You can use convert / cast SQL functions in SQL Server to get the required format.

You can schedule the job at SQL server to generate the flat files for currency data daily / on request basis and create a job to upload the flat files to HANA.

Regards

Ravi

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

check this link, might be helpful for you.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29671

Kind Regards

Manna Das

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is SQL server your source system for the data to be used in HANA. If so, do you have any existing ETL tool. You can use the same ETL to load the data from the tables in SQL server to the tables in HANA.

Can you please provide more information on your landscape.

Regards,

Ravi