cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SCM 7.0 EhP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all:

Our company is about to upgrade to EhP2 in APO (SCM) 7.0.  We found out that EhP3 is delayed, but may be ready at the end of September.  We are trying to decide whether to wait or not.

I could not find any information on what is included in EhP3.  Can anyone provide me with details, make a suggestion on whether we should wait or point me in the right direction of any online documentation regarding EhP3?

Thanks for your assistance.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

The main thing of EhP 3 is it will run allow APO to run with HANA as DB.

Functionally there are some enhancements / improvements in existing functionalities around

a) Version-specific master data around TLane and PDS

b) DP KPIs addedd in Planner Home Page

c) Enhanced Interactive BackOrder Processing

In terms of new feature leveraging UI Renovation  - Enhanced Product Planning which is like an extension of Interactive Planning for PPDS. Note it uses Netweaver Business Client as the UI and not available on SAP GUI.

No documentation is available in help.sap.com because there must be a significant reason for delaying the release. So what I mentioned above may not be guaranteed for release.

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

will HANA be working in place of Live cache?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashfaq,

Livecache does not go away; at an application level, functionality is mostly the same.  You can choose to run Livecache as an integrated part of the HANA database.

Best Regards,

DB49

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Any changes to existing planning areas when going to  SCM EHP3 ?

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrea

Just FYI  --  The ASUG Supply Chain Planning SIG is planning to host a one hour Webcast on the subject above. It will be held on  Thu, Oct 24th at 11am ET (New York Time).

Description of the webcast and the registration details is repeated as below:

http://www.asug.com/events/detail/Whats-New-in-SCM7-EhP3-and-SAP-HANA-Deployment-Options

SAP Supply Chain Management (SCM) Enhancement Package 3 (EhP3) was released on Aug 2013. Do you know that with this release, there’s now an option to run APO on your ERP system?  If you want to move to HANA, what’s the APO deployment option?  Do you like to see the usability improvement when using SCM in combination with the Netweaver Business Client (NWBC) frontend? Do you like to know what else is new in this release and beyond?

If you answer yes to any of the question above - join us for this webcast to learn more.

Key Learning Points:

• Overview of what’s new in SCM EhP3
  • Deployment option for APO on HANA
  • Outlook Beyond SCM EhP3
0 Kudos

Can this ASUG Webinar be attended by SCNers.

On clicking the link it takes to ASUG Event site where one needs to register.

To register you need to be ASUG Member.

Best regards,

Somnath Manna

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Somnath

Regrettably, this web session is currently meant for America SAP User Group member.

If you're interested, once the webcast is completed, I will check with the presentation owner to see whether they're OK with posting it here as an attachment in the SDN.

Regards

Damean

0 Kudos

Damean,

Surely that would help.

Best regards,

Somnath

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

for test purpose is it going to be available on Amazon WS  .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Damean

that will surely help us, please post.,

I am also eagerly waiting

regards

SRS Kannan

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here's the link. Many thanks to Claus Bosch for the presentation materials

http://scn.sap.com/community/scm/apo/blog/2014/01/07/sap-enhancement-package-3-for-sap-scm-70

0 Kudos

You mean SCM on HANA on AWS? Not that I know of - but why is it required.

In its present version SCM 7 EhP 3 just substituting AnyDB to HANADB will not give any major advantage especially on performance. Note its pure DB switch with NO separate Optimisation delivered unlike in case of ERP on HANA where quite a number of Optimisations (like MRP Run & List processing) are provided which can be activated after the DB switch to HANA.

Somnath

SunilKJain
Explorer
0 Kudos

Question abobt  liveCache in SCM7.0 EHP3 install.

We are installing SCM 7.0 EHP3 for EWM 9.0, but during the install of SCM 7.0, its installing the livecache database and prompting for Software owner account: sdb and group:sdba.

We not planning to use liveCache for SCM/EWM, is liveCache is mandatory for SCM7.0 EHP3?

Thanks in advance

Sunil Jain

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Post your question at

mwallace
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil

Did you get an awswer to this?  I've asked the question but got no reply.

Thanks!

Michael

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

what about Live Cache , is that going for HANA as well

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

EhP 3 is it will run allow APO to run with HANA as DB.

Functionally there are some enhancements / improvements in existing functionalities around

a) Version-specific master data around TLane and PDS

b) DP KPIs addedd in Planner Home Page

c) Enhanced Interactive BackOrder Processing

In terms of new feature leveraging UI Renovation  - Enhanced Product Planning which is like an extension of Interactive Planning for PPDS. Note it uses Netweaver Business Client as the UI and not available on SAP GUI.

No documentation is available in help.sap.com because there must be a significant reason for delaying the release. So what I mentioned above may not be guaranteed for release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

???  Application help is available in both English and German.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm700_ehp03/helpdata/en/12/3dfd81126e1c448c870f335f11d016/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm700_ehp03/helpdata/de/12/3dfd81126e1c448c870f335f11d016/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrea

Just FYI, the SCM 7 EHP3 notes had been released for quite sometime. See the PDF info below for details.

HTH

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000429832&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_O...

0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Better upgrade to EHP3. Software and Installation guides are ready for download.

Regards

Palnati Nanda Gopal Reddy

0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Please note SCM 7 EhP 3 has been released as on 13th August.

Product documentation is available in help.sap.com and software component details in service.sap.com/pam Product Availability Matrix.

Regards,

Somnath