cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determination of material in goods issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning everyone!
I'm trying to enable SD material determination in goods issue, so the material can be replaced by another at the time of dispatch, without coming back to the Sales Order.
I found in the help of SAP information below that were a little confusing as it contradicts:

Working with the determination of material supplies

You can make the determination of material supplies for the newly entered items. This works the same way as material determination in sales documents and allows the automatic replacement of materials manually entered by other materials as specified in system.

It is not possible to make the determination of material for items shipping copied from sales documents.

Subordination to the type of sales document

The determination of material supplies depends on the type of sales document basics. If the determination of material is activated for the respective type of sales document in Customizing for Sales, will also be performed for the new items in supplies generated from sales documents.

Has anyone implemented the material determination in shipment? Or have any suggestions for this situation?

Thank you,

Wanessa Faria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wanessa,

Your point is correct.

SAP has provided option of Material Determination in Delivery functionality.

Please follow below Points:

• Assign your Material Determination Procedure to DL (Default Order Type).
  • Update Item Category determination for Delivery.

Below are my observation of functionality testing in Delivery:

• System will not do any Material determination for the line items which has been copied from Sales Order.
  • Only automatic Material substitution works and not Substitution with Selection option.

Request you to make necessary testing as I have doubt if your requirement will be fulfilled by this.

Regards,

MJ

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MJ,

Thank you for your post!

Could you please elaborate the below point -

Update Item Category determination for Delivery.

(what exactly has to be done and where?)

Added - Material determination, in Logistics Execution; in Assign Procedure to Sales document type; why are there sales doc type OR etc.?

Message was edited by: T W

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

As Material Determination functionality will be working only on manual Material Line Item addition.

I have written point of Updating Item Category determination in Delivery item category determination where manual line Item addition for the material should be allowed and respective Item Category should be determined.

Added - Material determination, in Logistics Execution; in Assign Procedure to Sales document type; why are there sales doc type OR etc.?

Certain functionalities If we want to activate in Logistic Execution section we need to use Order Type where procedures can be activated.

Example of similar other functionality is Auto Batch Determination, where if we want to activate we needs to assign it to Order type, but it gets activated in Delivery.

Regards,

MJ

Message was edited by: Mahendra Jani

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wanessa,

From my understanding, in standard SAP SD, there is no material determination at shipment level. It is only at sales document level (or material determination procedure is assigned to sales document type).

Few observations, in IMG path -

1. Transporation>Basic Transportation Functions>....

There is no material determination!

2. Logistics Execution>Shipping>Basic Shipping Functions>Material Determination

But there too the material determination procedure is assigned to sales document type (and not assigned to the delivery type). Wonder why this information is then given in LE part (too)?!

Your company wants to change / substitute material at shipment level.

Why?

User wants to change the component of a BOM, at shipment level.

That mean this component information would be something else in the sales order and delivery (as compared with this component information is Shipment). Correct?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I'm trying to enable SD material determination in goods issue, so the material can be replaced by another at the time of dispatch, without coming back to the Sales Order.

Where is the Option to replace the Material in Shipment ?

Note : In SAP standard ,we dont have option to to replace the Material in Delivery Level and Shipment Level and Billing Level .We have only at Sales Order level only .

Has anyone implemented the material determination in shipment? Or have any suggestions for this situation?

I never seen this type of option in even ECC 6.0 version also.

Example : Just suppose if we have replaced material at shipment level then what about Pricing ? Do we have option Pricing at Shipment level ?

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren

About your question:

Example : Just suppose if we have replaced material at shipment level then what about Pricing ? Do we have option Pricing at Shipment level ?

I don't have pricing at shipment level, but the item that I need to change  is a component of LUMF Material, there is a bill of material, usage 5, so this item doesn't price, only the principal item (ctg LUMF).

Thanks any way.

Regards,

Wanessa

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Cloud you please ,can you share ,where you have seen Shipment level Material Determination Process ?.If possible ,please share it.

Thanks,

Naren