cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in Transaction SU25 - Profile Generator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have recently upgraded the system. I want to change a Role in pfcg and the moment i click Change Authorization Data under Authorizations tab, i receive this message:

If you have used the Profile Generator in an earlier Release and want to compare the data with the new SAP defaults after an upgrade, use steps 2a to 2d. Execute the steps in the order specified here.

-Step 2a: is used to prepare the comparison and must be executed first.

-Step 2b - If you have made changes to check indicators or field values in transaction SU24, you can compare these with the new SAP default values. The values delivered by SAP are displayed next to the values you have chosen so that you can adjust them if necessary. If you double-click on the line, you can assign check indicators and field values. You maintain these as described in the documentation for transaction SU24.

Note on the list of transactions to be checked To the right of the list you can see the status which shows
whether or not a transaction has already been checked. At first the status is set to to be checked.
If you choose the transaction in the change mode and then choose save, the status is automatically set to checked.
By choosing the relevant menu option in the list of transactions you can manually set the status to checked without changing check indicators or field values, or even reset this status to to be checked.
If you want to use the SAP default values for all the transactions that you have not yet checked manually, you can choose the menu option to copy the remaining SAP default values.

-Step 2c: You can determine which roles are affected by changes to authorization data. The corresponding authorization profiles need to be edited and regenerated. The affected roles are assigned the status “profile comparison required”.

Alternatively you can dispense with editing the roles and manually assign the users the profile SAP_NEW (make sure the profile SAP_NEW only contains the subprofiles corresponding to your release upgrade. This profile contains authorizations for all new checks in existing transactions). The roles are assigned the status “profile comparison required” and can be modified at the next required change (for example, when the role menu is changed). This procedure is useful if a large number of roles are used as it allows you to modify each role as you have time.

I hope that somebody have used the Profile Generator in an earlier Release. So, I started with Step 2a and finished it successfully.

Now, in Step 2b, i see some transaction which start with PA** and having Status as Red. What has to be done here? Iam totally confused, please help. I dont know what "check indicators" or "field values" are, iam in Basis, i dont know whose job is this.

When i click a transaction, in the right side, i see many objects. For only some objects, the columns "Proposal status" and "SAP Authorization Proposal status" differs. What has to be done?

Thanks,

Mohan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Mohan,

Maybe this thread can help you:

https://scn.sap.com/message/6068624

Steps  2B compares the old system tcodes and new system tcodes and show the proposal suggested by SAP that you can accept or build your own proposal that is the action expected by you, accept the SAP values or  create your own values that fits your current company needs.

Hope this helps.

kind regards,

Letiere

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Letiere,

thanks for the link.

Yes, Step 2B is all about proposals - It shows all the applications where there is a difference in proposals.  I can choose the standard proposal suggested by SAP or leave it as it is. I didnt perform anything here, left as it is.

Thanks,

Mohan.

Answers (0)