Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJ88 Message kd556 and BP604 when settlement'

wagner_dasilvasilva
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm getting two errors message when I try to settle cost into my PEP/Project.

The first error message is when I've been trying to check on CJ88 previous settlement I get the "message KD556 The sender is not included in the evaluation because either it has never been settled or all the settlement for it have been reversed."

And second error message when I try to settle the cost I've been getting the "message BP604 in document item xxx WBS XXXX.XXX budget for fiscal year YYY was exceeded by xxxx USD".

I'm using SAP PS with IM and theses messages just happen when I maintain the "availability control" activated on the Project. If I disable it I can to do the settlement.

Even I have budget available and distributed in my IM and Project and then I should not get these errors. These issues is happening for all the PEP and Project.

So, I would appreciate some assistance to solve that.

Wagner S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Wagner,

Related to your questions:

1- this message means that you haven't settled the WBS for the period you are checking. Is this correct?

2- the second means that there is not enough budget in the WBS.--> Check your budget released for year YYY in the receiver WBS

Be in mind that if you want settle from WBSAto WBSB the budget avalable has to be in WBSB.

I hope this can be useful,

Regards

wagner_dasilvasilva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Let me answer your comments:

1. It's not! I'm settlement on the correct period such as 2013.

2. There is enough budget on my Project and WBS Element. My budget is released for 2013 year. And then I have budget available into all Project and different WBS level.

Even, I have created several Investiment Program and Project to check different anything and configuration but for all the case I'm getting the same issue, "... budget exceeded.

So, I'm looking if there is any sap note that reference this issue.

Wagner

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wagner,

1-  have you settled your project in previous period?

If no - it is correct the system shows this message

If yes( and not reverted) you are right it is a srong message

2- check for your receiver WBS in CJ31 transaction , enter in the budget, extras, availAbility control, analysis the budget available ( released - assigned) and in customizing the tolerance limits.

Released - assigned should be > or = the actual cost in the sender ( appart of this you need to take in account the tolerances)

The  budget availability check always takes these amounts then check if they are or not correct.

Regards

wagner_dasilvasilva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Clara,

1. It's yes. I've settled that.

2. I've done that however I'm getting the same issue. The amounts are correct.

Wagner S.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Check CJI3 and see if the settlement happend for previous period.

2. Are you trying to settle lower level WBS Element to its superior WBS Element, if so the budget check will happen at superior wbs element, compare the settlement value and the budget availability of the superior wbs element.

wagner_dasilvasilva
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rafi,

I'm trying to settle from lower to superior WBS Element and my budget on superior WBS Element is whole distributed to lower level. See below screenshot of CJI3.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wagner:

I think the system behaviour is correct, both WBS have budget control then the system checks in the settlement that the receiver has enough budget ... and it hasn't got budget,

You have several options to prevent this but  I think the best is  Execute the settlement using different accounts ( than normal postings) and exclude these accounts from the budget availability control.,

Regards,

Clara

wagner_dasilvasilva
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Clara,

I'm trying to do it because I want carry my cost until up my AuC which is on first level. The AuC is being created on 1200/2013.840.001.

Please, see my budget on CJ31.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wagner,

Yes, it is clear.

You need settle from WBS 2 (AVAC) ---> WBS1(AVAC) --> AuC

The assigned value ( the consumed bUdget) in transfer between WBS 2 to WBS1 because the receiver has budget availability control  ( and it is not transfer to the AuC because this object  doesn't have budget availability control)..

To prevent the assigned value is transferred to WBS1 you need to do the internal settlement WBS2 --> WBS1 with a specific cost elements and these cost elements exclude from the budget control.

Example you haveWBS2 posting in acount 3XXXXX1(10$)---> settle in account 8XXXXX1

Posting in account 3XXXXX2(20$) ---> settle in account 8XXXXX2

Accounts 8XXXXX1 & 8XXXXX2 are excluded from the budget control

After settlement WBS2--> WBS1 you will have

WBS2:   10$ in account 3XXXXX1 (assigned)

20$ in acoount 3XXXXX2 ( assigned)

-10$ account. 8XXXXX1 ( not assigned)

-20$ account 8XXXX2 ( not assigned)

WBS1   10$ account. 8XXXXX1 ( not assigned)

20$ account 8XXXX2 ( not assigned)

You will have 30$ in the WBS 1 to settle to the AuC but the assigned cost remains in the WBS2.

I hope this can be useful to solve your problem

nabeel_bhatty
Explorer
0 Kudos

hello Clara,

we are facing similar nature of issue with settlement of WBS, the difference in the scenario is that we have 6 levels; Level 6 is where we raise PR/PO and budget check is carried out and Level 4 is where we have AUC assigned to WBS.

The problem is when we settle the particular WBS (say by 50,000/- which is the assigned value), the settlement transfers the cost from child to parent WBS up to Level 4 and along with that it takes the whole assigned value of 50,000 to AUC also making this 50,000 available to be used again on Level 6 as assigned value at Level 6 becomes ZERO and Level 4 (AUC) gets 50,000 as assigned. This situation makes the exhausted budget at Level 6 become available again.

We have USER STATUS to exempt the budget check at Level 5 and Level 4 during settlement execution, but we can't understand how to stop the assigned value from Level 6 to reduce to ZERO making the budget available again??

Regards,

Nabeel.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nabeel,

Start a new discussion with your problem.

Ken

Answers (0)