Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when selecting template for installed product

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

When setting up the technical monitoring for the BPM (CE) part of my PO system, I'm getting an error when activating the template.

For the J2EE engine all works fine, but when selecting the CE part along, I'm getting the following error:

Select Template SAP NetWeaver CE:

After activating:

To solve some issues in the past I have deleted and recreated some stuff, and I wonder if this part of the config is screwed by this.

I have re-imported the content, but the issue still persists..

Could there be something wrong with the content version? Any idea where I can download a higher version of this content? This system does not have an OSS connections.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kind regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You could try and rebuild the template as a "Generic Product Version" and apply that to your MO.

It will take some effort, but should do the trick as the issue is most likely with your product version.

Regards,

David

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Let me check if I'm able to build a custom template, have never done this before.

Will get back to you if I managed to get it working or not.

Cheers!

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the content of the template you want, in your case SAP Netweaver CE.

Set in in expert mode to be able to see the content of each individual metric/alert.

Next create a new template under the section Generic Product Version.

Name it whatever you like.

Save, and start creating metrics and alerts similar to the ones in the "real" template.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

He David,

I managed to build (copy/paste) the entire CE template into a generic product version, and the BPM monitoring is working now.

Many thanks for your help!

Cheers!

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried removing the monitoring for the MO and tried re-applying the template?

Also what versions are your CR and CIM levels?

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

You are fast!

There are no MO-specific items checked.

CR = 9.2

CIM = 1.6.36

Kind regards,

Mark

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, I'm in a competition with co-workers and the contest ends at the end of the month

I show the following:

CR = 9.5     6/26/2013

CIM = 1.6.36

I don't think it will resolve your issue, but should be something we have ruled out.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Here you have 5 additional points for your contest!

In the mean time I will update the CIM/CR and let you know the outcome..

Cheers!

Mark

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So this is interesting, I'm trying to setup a new MO and have issues with a Host level template (Windows).

The odd - Error similar to yours, but its been working for the other 3 BoE servers

The super odd - Changing the template to Windows, all lights go green, set it back and all the Host template that has been in use, flips back to red with the same error...

Smells like I have a bad template...all of a sudden...

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Weird stuff is going on....

Do you know where you can download the template? My system is not connected to OSS.

Kr. Mark

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my case it was already a custom template already.  I just did some test and have a resolution (for mine )

Made a custom template of the already created (bad) template, removed monitoring on the system and proceeded to add the new custom template.  Still red dots for the host template.

Create a new custom template from the Windows one, removed monitoring on the system again and applied this template.  Everything is in the green now, and I get to remove a lot of the default templates that were assigned as part of my test.

Instead of using the default template, try creating a custom template for the CE one (unless you already have).  I don't think the system monitoring templates are modified until a new ST is applied to the system...not 100% sure though.

I also tried click on the reset button on my custom templates, that does not appear to do anything.

Message was edited by: Billy Warring

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have tried all different scenarios, but still without any luck....

In case you found something, please let me know!

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its odd that a SAP delivered template doesn't work/apply correctly...may require a OSS message.

Idea for left field:

Tx se38 > AC_ALRT_ANALYSIS_TOOLS > F8 > Activate Expert Mode > Find and Delete Invalid data > MO without valid entry point assignment

Do you have entries related to the MO there?

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Thanks for providing this report, but unfortunately my issue still persists...

Anyway; here you have 5 additional points for the effort and your contest..

Cheers!

Mark

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the points, what part of the report will only list problems; you have to capture the Object ID and go into a different section to actually remove the bad entry.

I posted the following:  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42819

May not work in this situation, but it has helped me twice now after some upgrade heart ache(s).