Planning in SNP and PPDS - MTO or MTS
Here is my question hope some one already came across this ..
There is a DC - A and Plant - B
sales forecast happen 3 months in advance which mean customer give forecast for future 3 months in this 3 months forecast 1st month is firmed sales order
so to summarize one month sales order -dependent requirement and rest of 2 months is forecast Qty which mean rest of two months is independent requirement
so this cycle keeps goes on with time period
Now the requirement is
When sales order is created in DC-A STR should be created and look for stock in Plant-A and definitely the production should start after receive demand from DC-A which is firmed sales order
1)when sales order created in DC-A snp heuristics run and create a STR in DC-A and STO in Plant - correct me if i am wrong
2) Now PP-DS run in Plant-A and system create a planned order for finished good for the sales order and it looks for PDS and dependent requirement happen and planned order created for semi finished-1 and semi finished-2 - correct me if i am wrong
3) if i have two sales order can PPDS heuristics combine two finished good planned order for finished good and make it one in a particular horizon like say a month
Now there is another requirement for purchasing raw material
IT is decided for raw material APO planning is not used instead ECC is used which mean mrp type XO
but they dont want to use re-order point or safety stock instead based on the three months forecast from customer they have to procure or raise a PR before even firmed sales order comes how to handle it
Is this requirement is make to order or make to stock in SAP point of view because i see its kind of both ...
if any one came across this kind of business requirement please advise
if you need more information please try to ask me i explain in detail
Abhishek Rai replied
You can map this as follows
1. use forecast horizon at the DC of 1 month. So the STO (planning) will be created only for the sales orders in the first month and for forecast for further horizon. For this u need to use planning with final assembly strategy 20 in APO if you are using optimizer other wise optimizer do not consider forecast horizon.
2. Your next question was if APO can club demand form 2 different sales orders in the month, yes it will club if the sales orders are for same material/product, you need to use monthly lot sizes instead of lot for lot lot sizing procedure.
3. you nex requirement is to plan for the finished product based on FG but for the SFG based on forecast for the entire horizon. For this you can play with the PPDS horizon for the FG, then you can configure to send only PPDS planned orders to ECC. now take SNP run first at the manufacturing plant it will plan for the entire horizon but the PPDS horizon and the planned orders for FG and SFG will be created and Purchase requisition for the rawmaterials will be created and it will flow to APO and raw material procurement can happen for the entire 3 months horizon. For run PPDS heurestic to plan for the 1 month production this will be for the firmed demand. only these planned orders will flow to APO and your production will happen based on these planned orders from PPDS.
The above are the basic guidelines on which you can explore and finalize the solution.