Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two queries.

The client wants to give a discount based on monthly lifting by a distributor hence I have decided to configure rebates.

Where do I assign the condition types BO01 and BO02 in the Pricing procedure for factory sales(EXCISABLE).

The client wants to give a % discount based on purchase of materials either all 5 materials or combination of materials 1 to 5 based on a certain quantity i.e. either he can buy 5 cases of material 1 or 2cases,3cases of material 1 and 2 respectively.

Should I go for Group Conditions - if yes what will be my pricing procedure like .The materials are all excisable

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAURAV,

Are you two queries independent of each other?

(rebate and no link with group condition types?)

The reason for asking this is that in rebate condition types (BO01 etc.) there is no Group condition functionlities (as present in K029 etc.).

Thus probably you can not use Group functionality for rebate condition types.

For any discount that your company does not want to give immediately, that has to be taken in rebate. So in your case too, you might use rebate.

Where do I assign the condition types BO01 and BO02 in the Pricing procedure for factory sales(EXCISABLE).

Important is the "base value" on which rebate is calculated.

In the pricing procedure, field From specifies what shall be the base value.

This "base value" is prices + discounts i.e. value of goods (it does not include freight, tax etc.)

Thus your taxes should come after rebate condition types. Note that the values of the condition types coming after rebate condition types wont be affect by these cond types as rebate cond types are statistical in the billing document.

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW and Saurav,

Apologies for going on a different tangent on this topic previously   I believe that was a incorrect and bad advice.

Saurav:  Coming to your requirement, I think I understand that you have both requirements together in rebate.

We could create a group of materials having the same rebate requirements I think called as Volume / Rebate Group - Material Master > Sales 2 View.

You can see the following SCN Thread for some help on this topic :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1230954

Rest of the other things on where to enter the condition types and what criteria to be used for the value calculations are articulated by TW quite well.

Tell me if you have more questions.

Thanks.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

D Sea,

From my understanding the OP wants to use Group condition functionality which is different from grouping material (by using a field in the MMR e.g. material group or volume rebate group).

The group condition functionality sums up the quantity "across line items" in a sales order, on the other had volume rebate group would not do the same.

Would like to hear your comments on this.

Thank you in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The requirement are two separate requirements.

The rebate part has been answered by TW and I have understood the same.

I have the following scenario which I don not think will be possible through group conditions

Eg.

I have 4 materials-A,B,C AND D.

If the user buys any material or all materials(LISTED ABOVE i.e A,B,C or D) and the total line item QUANTITY adds up to 5 cases he will will get a piece of material X free.

How to map the same in SAP.

Please help it is very urgent.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAURAV,

If the user buys any material or all materials(LISTED ABOVE i.e A,B,C or D) and the total line item QUANTITY adds up to 5 cases he will will get a piece of material X free.

I think this requirement can not be satisfied with standard SAP.

The client wants to give a % discount based on purchase of materials either all 5 materials or combination of materials 1 to 5 based on a certain quantity i.e. either he can buy 5 cases of material 1 or 2cases,3cases of material 1 and 2 respectively.

The above requirement can be met with Group condition functionality.

But the percentage discount shall populate in all the line items, for which group condition type is activated.

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW and Saurav,

You can try to explore the FREE GOODS Functionality for the feature

" If the user buys any material or all materials(LISTED ABOVE i.e. A, B, C or D) and the total line item QUANTITY adds up to 5 cases he will get a piece of material X free."

It may not be a perfect fit but could be looked at. The way I understand this is that this feature is triggered only when all of the items are in the same order with whatever set quantity to get a Material Free. You of course have to have this Feature Customized and maintain condition records for the same.

TW: Coming to the Volume Rebate Group topic, I might be wrong again. Stupid happens sometimes more than once . I did not explore this feature in the past but the thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1230954

mentions something to that effect.

Or may be Vistex might deal with this feature. Just wondering

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please help me on this ????