cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field POSAR in VBAP is showing as Blank and VBRP is showing as A, Please explain the reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

In billing documents, value of field POSAR-VBRP is showing as 'A' ( value item ) even though the field value of VBAP-POSAR  as blank ( standard item)  in the corresponding sales document ( contract document). Please explain the reason and possible customizing and enhancement objects to control the above setting. What would be the reason?

Note: 1. item category customization configured as standard items (blank). And there is no change in the item category settings.

1. 2. Due to the above issue, the sales quantity field is not updating in CO-PA document at value fields level.

Please explain the reason.

Thank you for your valuable contribution and time on this error.

Regards Gopalreddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Please check on whether the item category in your Billing and sales document are one and the same. If not, then that gives you the answer.

This can be checked in the Copy Control configuration between Sales Document and Billing document in VTAA t-code.

please let me know for any further calrification.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naren

Item category is same in both documents. and in copy control too also contains same item category.

Note: there is no change in the item category settings after sales contract document creation.

Regards

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sales document ( rental contract )  item is regarded as partially billed after the first billing document creation. For a partially billed sales document item with billing plan, the system assumes that a quantity update has already been executed. Therefore, afterwards, no quantities are updated any more from the second billing documents onwards. And it is considering item type as value item. Hence all the subsequent COPA documents will not update quantities in CO, at the end the quantities are missing in value fields.

regards

Gopal

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In SAP Standard, Item Type is just for Indication purpose we will use .Up to my level ,it doesnt effect any where .This is present at Sales Document Type level ( VOV8 ).This Field is not in Billing Type level also .

Note : I can say ,it doesnt have any effective functionality on any where.

Please share the screen shot of your problem exactly to understand to assist you .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naren

Thank you for your reply

First of all ITEM TYPE referring in this discussion is from the Item category functionality under business data tab.

1. As for as the issue is concerned, the sales quantity field in profitability analysis document is updating as Blank (find the screen shot). Sales contract à Invoice à Accounting -à profitability analysis document

Question: Item type in the billing document (VBRP –POSAR) is updating as “A”, and the item type in corresponding reference document (contract document) is showing as BLANK ( VBAP-POSAR). Please explain the reason, Why the item type is different in sales contract document and billing document?

Regards

Gopalreddy

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check your Contract Document Type in VOV8 ,which Value ,did you assign over there and coming to the Billing is,I am getting some confusion here ,from where that value is copying to here.Let me check it .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naren

ITEM TYPE field available only in ITEM Category ( VOV7 ) settings.

ITEM TYPE field will not be available in VOV8. kindly let me know if any other value should check in VoV8.

Thanks

Regards

Gopalreddy

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Sorry on this .I have confused on this .I thought ,Sales Document Type is having that Filed .You are right ,it is in Item Category .

Coming to the point is ,I will let you know on this.

Note : First of all ,we need to find out ,from where this field is copying into Billing level and in Billing level ,where that field is present exactly ( I have searched in Billing level in VF01 but unable to findout it ).

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naren

The filed name is POSAR in both VBAP level and VBRP level.

we can not find this value in billing document level. it will be updated in the table VBRP level only.

VBAP-POSAR ----> VBRP-POSAR

regards

Gopal

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes ,you are absolutely right .We can see this in table level only .

Note : Any way ,I If I know this ,sure I will share that info to all of us .

Thanks,

Naren