cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 7.3 rev3: Failed to find JRE/JDK version 1.7+

erik_hendrix
Explorer
0 Kudos

Updated from SAPGUI 7.3 rev2 to SAPGUI 7.3 rev3. When I start SAPGUI Rev3 I get the following error: Failed to find JRE/JDK version 1.7+ (64-bit).

I also still have rev2 on my machine and it starts without any issues. This is on a Mac OSX and I have the Oracle Java installed (1.7 Update 25).

Help! 🙂

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Erik,

please check what JVMs you have installed with

/usr/libexec/java_home -V

in the terminal.

You likely do not have a Java 7 JDK (not JRE) or only an outdated one.

rev 2 might fall back to some old JDK, which is no longer supported however.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread helped me resolve the issue for the latest IOS and SAP GUI versions to run on a MAC

I was trying to run SAPGUI 7.40rev2 with IOS Yosemite 10.10.4 and kept getting the JAVA error.

JAVA kept sending me to the page for JRE update but I really needed the JDK update.  Installed the JDK 8u60. 

As I don't currently have an active S-ID and therefore no access to service market place I obtained the SAP GUI from a university site.  Commercial sites make me nerveous as I have gotten infected by them

ETSU SAP Software

The above link worked well and didn't anything malcious

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

erik_hendrix
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ended up from the terminal checking my Java version and it was reporting 1.6; so I guess installing the Oracle JRE is not sufficient. Installed the Oracle 1.7 JDK instead and then it started working.

Thanks all!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Please ensure environment variable JAVA_HOME is set correctly.

BR,

Prem

robert_straub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

we do not use environment JAVA_HOME for starting  SAP GUI for Java!

Like Rolf-Martin wrote, ensure that you have a valid JDK installed on your machine, by running

/usr/libexec/java_home -V

in the terminal application.

Regards

Robert