cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Installation Server LSH Self-Extracting Package Problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am currently wroking on a self-service packaged download on my companies intranet to update our employees SAPGUI's to 7.30 from past versions.  We want our customers to be able to go to our web link, download the package and then install it at their leisure instead of pushing out the update to everyone automatically.  The problem that we have is when we try to install the package remotely from a non-administrator computer we get this NwSapSetup error:

NwSapSetup was not able to grant you administrator rights, either because

- the distribution service didn't respond,

- the installation service couldn't be started or

- the logon credentials for the installation service are incorrect.

Please contact your system administrator.

We know that our LSH (Local Security Handling) is properly setup since we are able to download and install the package on the same non-administrator computer by the command line.  However command-line installation is not how we want to push out this update since we have users all over the US/World and for them to connect to our Installation Server and download takes 30+ minutes instead of the 3-4 minutes locally.

Looking through every post on SCN and around internet we have done all suggestions mentioned: reconfigured LSH multiple times, repackaged SAPGUI, stop/started LSH services and patched the Installation Server to 9.0.37.0.

Any feedback or suggestions will help us on our quest to solve our main problem of our installation package not being able to self-install on a non-administrator computer.

Thank you,

Kyle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194094
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kyle,

I would go through the steps of note 593486 in the first place

see note 1124706 also that might help

Kind regards,

Eric Van de Catsije

SCN NW Clients Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the reply and links to a couple more notes to read!

So I went through both notes and combed through the permissions again for DS on my installation server and then reconfigured the LSH.  When installing the package on a non-administrator computer I still receive 'Return Code 5' in the temp log files when the package tries to install. 

Thanks,

Kyle