cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expense report business place error for one company code but not another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have just completed the travel management configuration for new company code in Taiwan.   Taiwan, like Brazil, requires business place functionality on their AP.    

I am getting error F5A190  "Enter a business place under basic data".    To correct this, I have added ID_BUPLA in my user paramaters.   This allows me to process/post the expense payment in PRRW.

I checked with our Brazil expense postings, they all post with the business place as blank - it does not error or require the business place.   I did check for a validation rule and there is none.   I can make an FB01L GL posting without business place.

My question is, why does TW expense posting require business place while BR does not?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Cheryl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl

Do you have it customized for a different component e.g. SD/billing/MIRO etc that the plant requires a business place for TW in T100W (as if so and it is not a legal requirement) then you could deactivate it there by changing it to a warning. (you can do this in transaction OBA5)  or else as you currently have, simply maintain the business place.

How is the setting for TW in IDBUPLA_ACTIVE ?

I did some checking on this error but could only find that some changes certainly came for South korea (e.g. note 1603440) which caused some side effects and some other customers experienced the same problem with upgrade to EHP6 but in country specific terms, note  1600735 was the only solution for TW though I expect probably already applied, in which case the solution above to change the error to a warning was the only other viable possibility!

hope it helps!

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sally, I did check the OSS notes - both have already been applied.    The setting in IDBUPLA_ACTIVE is X (Active).   I'll change the error to a warning.

It's just very strange that it gives this error for TW but not for BR.