cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Ignore if no receiver is found" in Receiver Determination doesn't work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

As mentioned in the subject..  I am confused with the meaning of "ignore if no receiver is found" in Receiver Determination.

What my understanding is when we set ignore(if no receiver is found) in the Receiver Determination, the messages which come with this sender interface but not match any condition will not fail in PI, it will be "ignored".

But we have all these messages in  failed status in Production with error below:

Runtime Error: Access using a 'ZERO' object reference is not possible

Tried searching this error online, but didn't find related information with the settings with Receiver Determination(ignore if no receiver is found).

At the beginning, we tried to restart the message, but returned error "NO_RECEIVER_CASE_ASYNC", and till here we came to check the receiver determination, but we found the "ignore" was selected in case no receiver is found..

So here I want to confirm 3 things...

1. if ignore is set if no receiver is found in Receiver Determination, what will happen to the message which doesn't match any condition in Receiver Determination;

I have tested this in Develop server.. but messages still fail in SXMB_MONI with "NO_RECEIVER_CASE_ASYNC", so what's the difference if we select Igonre or Error Message in Receiver Determination.

2. Why in Production server, it has error- Access using a "ZERO" object reference is not possible? and after restarting, it became the same error as Develop server?

3. Do we have any way to really ignore messages which doesn't match condition in Receiver Determination? at least, doesn't have error status for these messages in SXMB_MONI?

thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of Ignore, you don't get a red flag in moni but a different flag (will have to simulate it to get it) which means processing has stopped. The subsequent pipeline steps (interface determination, mapping etc) are not processed.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ambrish.

what my understanding was the same as you said..

But the error in Production and the test in Development server are different...

Production - zero object  - red flag error

Devlopment -- same as Error.. (checked cache, updated successfully after change from error to ignore)

it's weird...

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should get below status if you have selected ignore. but it is really strange getting error status for such scenario.

recreate the id objects in dev and try once more sending new message.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP help says the below, not sure if this is applicable in your case.

Note

These settings apply to asynchronous messages only. If a receiver cannot be found in synchronous communication, an error always occurs.

Regards,

Zameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If RD condition is not getting satisfied and u have set the rule as "ignore"  then message will not fail and u must receive below kind of logs:

No receiver could be determined. According to the configuration, this will be ignored

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Amit, what my assumption is the same with what you said.. but how to explain the error in Production now?...

I checked the history changes of RD, and found it was changed to ignore 2 months ago.

but all these messages are failed in last 7 days, with error -- Runtime Error: Access using a 'ZERO' object reference is not possible.

As at the begining I don't know it doesn't match the RD, so restarted one of them and get error updated -- No receiver found etc.. But no matter before or after reprocess, the message was in error(red flag) status.

Do you have any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hailong,

Really strange!!

Try to recreate ur RD in Dev and then test the same?

I am also using the same set of configs for one of my interface and never noticed such kind of strange behavior (in PI7.31)...May be wait for others to reply on this.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

subhro_de
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hailong,

As Muniyappan said in this case recreating the ID objects and trying to test the scenario - if possible after a restart of the system.

You may want to take a look into the discussion below :

http://scn.sap.com/message/7225896#7225896

Regards

Subhro

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hailong,

As per my understanding, you have mentioned Receiver Determination rule and if nothing get matched, its still failing though Ignore condition is checked. Have you checked what is happening when you are checking 'Error Message'. Outcomes are same?

Regards,

Nabendu.