cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService Consumer is not deployed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem when using WebService Proxies as a Consumer. The Consumer Proxies does not seem to be deployed. I'm using NetWeaver AS Java 7.3 and NWDS.

I did the following:

1.) Create a Development Component WAR and EAR

2.) Create the dependency in EAR Project to War Project

3.) Import a WSDL-File into WAR Project

4.) Created the Client Code from the WSDL-File for using the WebService in my Code (in this step I tried different variants, from slider on "develop" up to "test" - nothing different happened)

5.) Created a Service reference of the WebService, such that I can configure it in the NWA

6.) Build and deployed the EAR Project

After that I opened NWA and looked up if the Consumer Proxy is available for configuration in "Application Communications" under the specific service group, but the service group is empty, only the service group exists (that the service group exists, showed me that the WAR project has been touched during deployment, so again no mistake here). So I checked again if the reference is visible in the project and it is. Furthermore I opened the Single Service Administration and searched for the specific consumer proxy. Again it is not visible. During the whole process I don't get any errors and also the logs seem to be clean.

The curiosity is, that if I create a Java WebDynPro Project and use a Model related to the same WSDL File, the Consumer Proxy is created.

PS: I have done it the same way as it is documented in the NetWeaver AS Java 7.3 Documentation on "Consuming WebServices".

Hopefully someone can show me where my fault is or where other log files are that log something about the deployment process.

Best regards,

Stephan Zacharias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured out, that I have been using the wrong version of NWDS. My version has been 7.30 and not 7.3 EHP1, which is the version of my portal server. Next time I will first check the compatibility of NWDS version and server version before searching any other issues. Unfortunately NWDS does not give any warnings or error messages when there are uncompatibilities.

Furthermore it takes a while until the server really recognizes that a new webservice consumer has been deployed.

Best regards,

Stephan Zacharias

Answers (0)