cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid storage configuraiton - no storage activated in sender file channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I faced one issue in a simple scenario from File(NFS) to File(NFS).

In sender file channel, I select to archive the file after the file is processed by PI.

In receiver file channel, I just provide the Target directory and file name, keep others as defect.

This is one pass through scenario, no ESR object is created.

When I test this scenario, I found the source file is read by PI and delivered to target directory,

but I got below error in sender channel, and the file is still in source directory,not archived.

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Invalid storage configuraiton - no storage activated

Do you have any idea for this?

Thanks,

sep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is due to incorrect configuration for "xiadapter.logger.conf".

Now my interface is working

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In NWA--> Availability and performance-->system overview, i see below inforamtion:

SAP OS monitor has probably stopped. The OS information may be incomplete or missing.

To resolve this, start your SAPOSCOL. To learn more about starting and stopping SAPOSCOL click here

the CPU Usage is N/A % and Memory Utilization also is N/A %, paging is N/A Pg/sec.

Does this affect the testing?

Thanks,

Sep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sep,

I would suggest you to delete the CC in Dev and recreate it (giving same name) from the scratch and then again transport it in your QA. This will replace the existing CC in QA and the issue might get resolved.

Thanks

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Partha,

I will try this later, now we cannot do this in frozen period.

Regards,

Sep

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sep,

Are you checked that the directory that you want to archive the processed files is available (mount, with write permission, etc)?, check it with your basis team.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked with basis team, they have added the permission, but it is not working.

Thanks,

Sep

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ask your basis team to check the authorization of the user which is used to poll the directory. I guess PIAPPLUSER ?

Stop and start the channel again...

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Actually we have another scenario from File(NFS) to File(NFS),

the source directory and archive directory are different with above failed scenario, but the testing for this scenario is successful.

Also I try to change the source directory and archive directory, it is failed again.

I checked the users which have added to folder permission, the users are same for all folders.

so I confused maybe this is not permission issue.

Thanks,

Sep

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you try to delete de channel and create it again from the scratch? maybe something get lost during activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have the authorization to change the severity to DEBUG mentioned in that blog.

But I can see the log from NWA (PI 7.31)->Troubleshooting->Logs and Tracesp->Log Viewer, i didnot find the useful information.

And this is Q server, it is not allowed to delete and recreate the channel( the scenario is working in D server).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sep,

It seems you have an authorization issue.

1. Please check your Archive directory name and path in the Sender CC.
  2. **Important: Check you should have an authorization to read, delete or archive the files from the Apps server (NFS) location from where the sender CC is picking up the file.
  3. Also you need to check if you have authorization to write a file in the location (Application server: Archive location) where you want to archive the file.
  4. Please get in touch with your Basis team and check the authorizations.

Thanks,

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Thanks for your reply.

For your suggestions,

1. Archive directory is correct.

2. I have asked basis team to add all permission to the source directory.

3. I am able to write/delete the file from Archive folder.

4. Checked with basisi team.

but it still is failed, I get the same error even I change the process mode to "delete"/"test" in sender channel.

Thanks.

Sep