Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un-packing and repacking in HU-SU managed SLoc

satishkumar_kirla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Master of WM,

Scenario:

HU Managed SLoc is assigned to Warehouse. So the storage type must me SU managed.

What SAP Help Says?

In SAP Help ( link provided below) it was mentioned the HU can be un-packed/re-packed using HU02. As consequence of repacking/unpacking, TO will be created in the back ground to facilitate sloc to sloc transfer between HU-Managed Sloc and its partner Sloc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In practice it is not happening. When i tried to unpack HU using HU02, system is throwing error messag saying that change in HU is not allowed in the storage type.

I did the following config-

Created WM mvt type (99) for upacking, and storage type (925) and storage bin (pack) for unpacking.

Did i miss any thing? or it is standar SAP behaviour in case of unpacking/repacking HU which is lying in warehouse using HU02?

please help me how address following issue.

If want to repack a HU located in HU-SU managed Warehouse, I first have to transfer post the HU to its partner SLoc then take the stock out of warehouse using TO and I have to pack/re-pack and again transfer it to Warehouse using TO.

Practically above process makes it very difficult.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/416a55de2a11d3b4ff006094b9b9dd/frameset.htm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Katalin_Csengőd
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Kirla,

please note that for the required process, the handling units must exist in WM in storage types that are suitable for repacking. Such storage types have NO putaway strategy, capacity check or storage unit management.

Best regards,

Katalin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member220529
Active Participant

HI,

I don't know if you finally managed to solve the issue, anyway try to create a TO towards storage type 923 PACK.BIN (standard SAP configuration), then you can use HU02.

If you unpack the HU the quantity, the unpacked quantity is automatically trasnferred to the partner storage location, in alternative you can repack the HU in another HU directly in WM

Best regards

Claudio