Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carton by carton confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have the following business scenarios:

1. FERT's (base U.O.M is CAR)  are packed on pallets (HUs in SAP) which are stored in high rack storage in WM. The HUs are single level, meaning the 50 cartons packed on a single pallet are not represented as HUs, only the pallet is a HU.

2. Based on delivery quantities, cartons are removed from pallets. The quantity of the pallet HU in SAP is updated to reflect the number of cartons remaining on the pallet.

3. TO was created based on delivery ( for example, material F0001, target quantity 15 CAR)

4. TO confirmation is done via standard RF transactions, scanning material and source SU barcodes as verification methods.

The requirement from the business is that each carton must be scanned separately. That means that when I scan the first carton, the actual quantity will be 1. Then, I scan the second carton, and the actual quantity will become 2, and so on.

Only once all cartons have been scanned, the TO is confirmed. If the TO quantity is greater than the number of cartons that were scanned, the difference will be marked as difference quantity.

As far as I know, when confirming a TO item, you can either confirm the entire quantity, or confirm a partial quantity, and then, the remaining quantity is marked as difference, and the TO item is confirmed.

I'm looking for a way to confirm a single carton one by one, until no more cartons are left to scan.

Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

Yossi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Yossi,

This is interesting but possible to achive. I need to understand somthing in your scenario.

As you mentioned The HUs are single level, meaning the 50 cartons packed on a single pallet are not represented as HUs, only the pallet is a HU.

I understand that all the cartons on the pallet are represented as single HU. Then what are you going to scan on the individual carton. Do you have individual SU represented in barcode on each carton?

In that case you can scan them as TO line item confirmation.

If you are going to scan the same HU over and over again for each carton and increase the count per scan then you will need a z RF transaction .For each scan you can hold the count qty in an interim table and add it by one till you finish scanning all the cartons. Once you have finished scanning you can have to a button to confirm the TO with the total count that has been registered so far. This way it will be simpler.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Samir

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yossi,

I believe your requirement can be achieved using customized RF development. You have to develop special RF transaction for this. Explore below solution

As your requirement is to scan the material carton by carton, system should understand following two things

• You are scanning the material and proceeding for further scanning
  • (ii) You are done with all the scanning.

Hence you should have two customized tabs on RF to identify above two operations. After every scanning you need to click on either of above two tabs so that system will be able to perform background operation of validation.  For first tab after scanning, system would compare Material, SU with that of correct values from LTAP and update the qty in internal table against delivery qty and present the screen to user for scanning next carton. After every scanning internal table should update with cumulative qty.  Once all the cartons are scanned user would click on second tab.  For second tab, system will run the TO confirmation function module L_TO_CONFIRM with TO number and total qty from internal table as a input. Difference qty will automatically update in difference bin as per your customization setting. You can control adopt pick qty = delivery qty by customization in OLML---->Warehouse management--->Interface---->Shipping --->Define shipping control.

Regard and All the Best!

Milind Chaudhari 

Important thing is, you will have to introduce number of messages in case validation fails and present the suitable screen to user for input.