cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing Infotype 0105 to SAP HCM using IDENTITY_MODIFY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi IDM-community,

I read that there is a way to write infotype 0105 to SAP HCM using the BADI Identity_Modify. Is there any guide available to setup this scenario? I just found the configuration guide for SAP landscapes but I cannot find that specific usecase.

Thanks and best regards

Jörn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jörn,

That's the best guide that I can think of from SAP. But you might want to look at this and this thread.

Good luck!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

thank you for the links. I have stumbled over one of them already but the other one was helpful. Although it does not provide the answer I am looking for, it gave me the idea where to start.

Cheers

Jörn

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My pleasure!

Please share what you find.  It's a question that does come up from time to time!

Cheers,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if you're looking for the HR_COMMUNICATION function set but that will certainly update a whole heap of the 0105 data.

You need to use the Business Suite connector to get the function sets (or hack the abap one).  Then if you assign PRIV:FUNCTION_SET:<rep>:HR_COMMUNICATION to the user and supply the data and it should update...

Peter

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter that's a very important point.  I almost always use Business Suite rather than ABAP.  Have you found a reason to use one over the other?

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope - the only reason would be if you specifically don't want the function set data available but I can't imagine why.  Business suite is usually the way to go I think.

Peter

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

I guess the major reason is to enable IdM to also provision odler ABAP releases before the Business Suite BAPIs have become available.

But if you have newer systems you should always go for BS integration as the BAPIs bring more logic to make life easier.

Regards

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - yes this is the major difference between ABAP and BS connectors is the BAPIs used in the backends. BS will use Identity functions for most passes whereas ABAP connector will use BAPIs. See wiki link for more detailed description

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/LYC9Ew

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/rwDPEw

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

I have a suspicion that the business suite ones are slower, has anyone else done any comparisons?

Ian