Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connections between SAP NW Java and SAP BW system not working

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SCN!

There're SAP BW system 7.31 and SAP NW Java 7.3 both installed in the same server but with different SIDs. Java instance used BW system as source for UME. On the Java instance there're some WDJ applications used web-services from BW system. Also in Java portal there're some WDA applications included.

The problem is I got error "401 unauthorized" if I try to use "Logon Ticket" variant of Authentification in destination templates for webservices. Destination templates work only with "User ID/Password" variant. Another problem is system show me logon screen of SAP system  when I called WDA application from portal, despite system for BW with auth. type "SAP Logon ticket" have created in portal System landscape. Also the last of three connection tests for this system results with error - something like "Unable to establish connection. Make sure that all connection properties and user assignings are correct" (this is approximate translation since the error message displayed not in English...).

My user is active and has same login in both systems.

regards,

Lev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

Was it working fine before (without login screen pop-up)?

If yes, it's just a matter of finding an expired user or expired certificate for the logon-ticket between your BW-Portal and BW-backend.

Otherwise, please follow the SAP wiki here and check all the steps (also check user SAPJSF for expiry), it includes how you can setup your STRUSTSSO2 again (in this case the backend is ESS, but it's also applicable for your BW-ABAP backend): http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/8+Establish+Single+Sign+On+between+Portal+(front+end)+and+ES...

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Andre

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lev,

As far as i understand the best way is reconfigure the SSO and as you are on 7.3 , so its damn easy.

login on the JAVA node with /irj/portal alias.

go to tab System administration-->system landscape-->if you can see system alias for BW then OK or else create a new one giving BW system information giving saplogon ticket as login method.

Once done, save it and say enable trust, it will ask for the user ID and password for the BW system , provide it, certificates will be automatically exchanged and  can be checked with the test connection option.

Regards,

Abhishek Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"The problem is I got error "401 unauthorized""

Can you please perform the below steps.

Please dont used administrator id to perform the test.?

Please try to use an id which is in BW and Java both.

So if we are using the WD application on java should have its own logical system on the Nw java in system landscape.

another system should be defined for WD of the ABAP system. Both the system should have alias.

Have you done a connection test for both the system defined in NW java. Please do the test with id that exists in both apap and java.

As you said that the ume is pointing to back-end so please use except administrator.

can you please also tell what are the settings in system landcaspe

Can you please post the logs and screen shot.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

First check whether the RFC from SAP BW ABAP to the BI Java is setup properly and as a registered server program.

There should a JCo RFC on the Java side pointing to the ABAP side setup up with the program ID and started.

Ensure that the user ID maintained in the JCo RFC at the Java side has the correct authorisations.

For the Web Services you need to configure the the J2EE Server Access Information in Tx SOAMANGER - System Global Settings.

Good Luck

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

The last three failed connection  tests indicate that you have not properly added BW system in JAVA system. Can you list errors if the three tests are tested individually?

BR,

Prem