Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple selection in FPM form GUIBB

anupam_srivastava2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have developed a FPM  application using FPM Form GUIBB, for one of the fields the requirement is user can select muliple values from the selection.In FormGUIBB I can't see any possibility to do this. Any idea how that would be possible, using List GUIBB, I can see the possiblity, but how for one field with in the form, I can do this ? any idea how this can be sorted out.

regards

Anup

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupma,

yeah you can achieve that using LIST FORM.. there table entries are possible for same field. But you have to achieve it using Custom Back end services.. You have to alter the SERVICE FIELD VALUES structure itself. it has field index , field name, field value.. you can check it in custom backend services method parameters..  You have to achieve that in the back end services..

This is the only way we can achieve that functionality. since SAP Framework allows single record structures only.. you have to manipulate it.

hope it helps you

ragards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

First of all i would like to say there is no UI element for the muliple selection of record in field like webdynpro has with the UI element "ITEM LIST".

You need to user list for the particular UI element then yo can process the multiselection of the item.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

anupam_srivastava2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I am trying to make this multiple selection screen, the requirement is, when user click Add event a blank line should be inserted in the list, and there are two fields Country key and language key, both with search help attached, and user should be able to select from the search help.

Dont know if this is possible or not ?

I have tried to inset blank entry in the table, but it can take only one blank entry because of the primary key, can you please suggest, how multiple selection would be possible. ?

regards

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Yes this is possible. You can make both the table field as input enabled and need to make them technical field.

After that you will be able to add n number of row into list and multiple selection is also possible.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

anupam_srivastava2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Both the field are input enabled and have attached the search help with that in the Component configuration.

I have created a zcounty table, fields are zland1 and zspras.

in Get_definition

data itab type STANDARD TABLE OF zcountry.

eo_field_catalog ?= cl_abap_tabledescr=>describe_by_data( itab ).

in process_event

IF IO_EVENT->MV_EVENT_ID = 'ADD'.

append initial line to itab.

endif.

in get_data

ct_data = itab.

but on the add event, blank line is not getting added,once the blank line is added then I can add the values and in flust event ,  I can update the table or structure with itab.

Also what you mean by technical field ?

regards

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

I think you have to fill the structure value as a blank and then append to the ITAB.

It will add new row in the list and then you can proceed with your work.

For controlling the properties of input fields(Read Only) you need to make both the column as a technicall field.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

anupam_srivastava2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

I am now able to add blank row, now in the list, but when selecting the value from the search help, its not picking the selected value, do you which property need to be set and how ?

regards

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

If it is a standard search help then it should take automatically..You don't have to do anything for that.

If it's not taking the value then please check the changing paramter CT_DATA in GET_DATA method,

whether it holding the value or it's clearing the value.

Note : You have to fill EV_DATA_CHANGED = abap_true after selecting the value from search help. Then only it will show on the screen.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

anupam_srivastava2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Thanks very much for your reply.  The selection seems to be working now with your suggestion.

Only issue is if I want to modify, a particular country key or Language key for any row, it doesnt work, right now I have counted the total number of rows in the internal table and updating that at the end of the internal table.

is there by any means we can capture the row which we are modifying as user will not be selecting the row and just modifying the field, so from the field whcih user has edited, we can get the row index.

regards

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

In FLUSH method as you are getting updated field value from IT_CHANGE_LOG, in same structure you will get row_index as well, if you doen't select any row also.

So capture the same and update it in CT_DATA.

Surely it will work.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

anupam_srivastava2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

One more thing, I am trying to delete multiple selected line in an internla table, using IT_SELECTED_LINES.

Do you know how to use that ?

regards

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Deletion of lines from internal table you have to do by looping the IT_SELECTED_LINES>

Read the selected row index and read the line from CT_DATA and delete it.

Note : Don't forget to make ev_data_change = ABAP_TRUE.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam ,

Can you please tell, how you designed screen in FORM UIBB , to allow multiple value selection .I have similar requirement . Your immediate response will be helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can i get the selected rows ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

create a WDA component, which represents your "search help" for the particular field. Within this component you can use a item list or table (I for myself prefer tables) which is filled with the possible entries to select. In your FPM configuration embed this WDA as popup and so you'll have a nice self-made "F4 help with multi-selection"

Kind regards,

Daniel