cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP & Adobe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm a student and trainee, currently employed in the SAP-department of my company. Therefor I'm working on a project report about the pros and cons of the use of Adobe Interactive Forms in combination with our SAP EP6.0.

The problem is we do not have AIF running in our portal environment, but in order to complete this report I will have to test a few things in a working test-environment.

I downloaded and started to install the sneak preview of WebAS and the portal. Unfortunately I realized that just the function I need to test (AIF) is excluded in this Package.

Any ideas what to do? Does someone know about maybe another preview package or any other possibilities?

Thanks in advance,

Lars Röttgers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now that I have installed every component except the portal following the installation guide at /people/achim.hauck/blog/2005/02/04/my-struggles-with-the-adobe-document-services-in-was640

I get an error message every time I try to install the portal.

When trying to deploy com.sapportals.dqe.beans.ear sapinst returns code 4.

Could it be that the error occurs because I didn't install the Crypto-Toolkit?

Is this optional?

I tried to install it, downloaded the .car-file, unpacked it with sapcar getting a file called tc_sec_java_crypto_signed_fs_lib.sda.

But this .sda file type cannot be imported by the deploy tool.

Any ideas of what I did wrong?

<< I just realized I was using the wrong tool. the remote GUI did the job but the installation error remains. seems to be another problem...

Message was edited by: Lars Roettgers

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if I install a full version of SAP Netweaver 04 with WebAS and Developer Studio, which is at Support Release 1 I should be able to work with Interactive Forms?

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.

A full version means a full version of Web AS 6.40 Java (not Portal, BW, or any other component of NetWeaver).

Make sure to install and configure the Adobe document services (http://service.sap.com/nw04installation -> SAP Web AS -> SAP Web AS 6.40 SR1 and Related Documentation -> Adobe Document Services).

And check out this blog: /people/achim.hauck/blog/2005/02/04/my-struggles-with-the-adobe-document-services-in-was640

Regards,

Markus

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

the only way you can work with Interactive Forms at this point is to install the Web AS 6.40 Java environment.

We hope to have the Adobe technology in the next version of the Sneak Preview due out for SAPPHIRE (end of April).

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feared this answer would come up...

Thanks anyway!