Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI-PCS interface for SAP ECC 6.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Can i please know that  PI-PCS interface can be used for connecting in to SAP ECC 6.0?

regards

Vinay

Message was edited by: Moderator

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your replay.

I am new to PP-PI-PCS interface and still i am junior.

can you please guide me how to start using this interface?

I donot have any basic idea  towards it.

can i please know how to check this interface in SAP system.

Thanks and regards

vinay

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Just to give you a start ...

I have done an interface in this area where we sent Control recipe (process order) to multiple third parties. The RFC is imported into PI. Then it involves functional configuration to trigger process order through an RFC Control Recipe download to PI through the TCP\IP connection. PI then maps it to target message(s) and send it to receivers. The acknowledgement is then sent asynchronously through another RFC Process_mess_upload back to ECC.

So you have to work with your functional owner to identify interfaces based on processes and then take it from there.

cheers,

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

I am doing PI-PCS interface integration on SAP PO 7.4 single stack with SCADA.

Can you please explain me what steps you followed in mapping and configuration?

with kind Regards,

Srinivas.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can we make an change in the PI-PCS interface as per to the organisation?

do we need to write some coding to use this interface or just directly do some configuration and use it?

Please i need an urgent help regarding this

Regards

Vinay

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

First you need to identify the interfaces to use. Most probably, it should be handled by config. The example I gave you is triggered by functional configuration. Once you get the message into PI, then you need to work on what format the third party needs the data in...

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ambrish,

Thanks for your replay.

can i please know what is the role of abapers in the pi-pcs interface ?

can you please explain me in detail.

awaiting for your replay.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

this depends upon your requirement. If the functional owner suggests an enhancement in an interface, then an ABAPer will come into play. if a requirement can be achieved with standard functionality/configuration, ABAP wont be required. this is true of any interface development.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ambrish,

Thanks for your replay. the information was very helpful to me.

Can i please know the relation of SAP netweaver process integration 7.3 with PI-PCS interface.

Do PI-PCS interface connects through SAP netweaver process integration 7.3.

I will be waiting for your replay with more explanation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ambrish,

Can i get bit more explanation on how the information from the receiver is sent back to the SAP system.

waiting for your replay at the earliest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ambrish,

Thanks in advance.

Can i please know how the OSIsoft pi system directly interacts with SAP system .

Does it interacts with PI-PCS interface.

what is the relation between PI-PCS interface and SAP netweaver process integration 7.3

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

PI PCS interface is a process interface part of PI-PP (Production planning for process industries) module in SAP. PI 7.3 is the latest release of Process integration which is a middleware used for enterprise integration (exchange of data between different applications or businesses). ECC has the framework to execute PI-PCS interface and in case this data has to flow to and from on organization (implementing SAP) and PI (don't confuse it with module but middleware) is being used for integration, data can flow from SAP to PI and to third party and vice versa.

>>>>>.how the information from the receiver is sent back to the SAP system.

This is possible if you integrate a third party which executes a part of the process and the data has to flow back to ECC (through PI 7.3 for example).

Hope it helps!

Ambrish