cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales BOM query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a situation wherein i have maintained the sales bom and it is exploding multilevel.

If i explode the BOM in the sales order i have 5 line items(Header+4 line item), the header (with Item category group ERLA and item category TAQ is relevant for billing and delivery (i need only header item in delivery and invoice).

the ine item (with item category group  NORM and item category TAE) is not relevant for delivery and invoice.

my requirement is that i dont need to explode the sales bom but i need the production orders to be created both the main item and the components

kindly guide

regards

Nirmal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

your point is correct that it works in case of MRP run.

bet we are creating production orders manually in CO08.
where only the header item is picked.

let me know if anyone can clarify on this.

N

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nirmal,

In the first few lines, in below link; it says that all the items shall populate in the Standard production order.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sbo2005asp1/helpdata/en/32/7324f9cdb04cbbaee3dafa4487d4b9/content.htm

What type of production order are you creating? Check that.

Also ask this question in the PP forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

In your case the production order, based on your Header Item in the sales order would have the entire assembly involving the sub level components would be produced. This is irrespective of whether you Explode OR not in the sales order.

For preventing your sub level items not to be part of the delivery then at item category level please make sure that you Uncheck the "Sched. Line Allowed" check Box.

For preventing your sub level items not to be part of the Invoicingn then at item category level please make sure that you keep the field "Billign Relevance" field as Blank.

Please let me know for any further clarification.

Regards