cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to SOAP scenario: XML messages not visible in SXMB_MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

For a SOAP -> PI -> SOAP synchronous scenario (on ECC backend, via RFC functional module as web service) I am able to successfully call the PI SOAP service via SOAP UI or WS Navigator and receive an answer from the ECC backend SOAP web service. PI is AEX 7.31 Java-Only.

Now I would like to check the XML messages arriving at the ECC backend via SXMB_MONI. However none of the successfully transferred messages are available there. I already changed the Integration Engine settings of our backend ECC system to the following, but still no success.

Does anybody of you have an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks a lot for all your help and Best Regards

Harald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there was no proper answer, however I found out that tracing in transcation SOAMANAGER is sufficient. But I never found out why the messages do not appear in SXMB_MONI. Any further help would be great!

H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harald,

only messages entering via the /sap/xi/engine?type=entry endpoint can be logged in SXMB_MONI. Your SOAP requests use a different endpoint and thus bypass the proxy framework. You already found the solution, look in SOAMANAGER trace. In case you get transaction IDs in the error message you can enter them there and find your message faster than in SXMB_MONI. It is not nice, though, to keep an eye on an additional monitor.

Regards,

Jörg

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe, since the scenario is synchronous, the messages are treated as standard SOAP requests, and it skips IE of ECC. Hence, you will not be able to see these messages in SXMB_MONI. But, one can see async SOAP requests in sxmb_moni, as these messages travel through WS adapter in IE in ECC.

- Venkat

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you use ICO (Integrated Configuration) to execute the interface? if so,you only be available to see the execution in the JAva Stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we use ICO. However I am not talking about the PI system (AEX 7.31), but about the backend ECC system. In ECC there is no message available in SXMB_MONI.

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK you cannot trace RFC message in SXI_MONITOR in the Backend system, same as IDOC execution. But you can trace Proxy executed messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am talking about a SOAP to SOAP scenario, neither RFC nor IDOC. Shouldn't a SOAP message be available in SXMB_MONI?

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK you should be able to monitor all messages in SXI_MONITOR

(also SRT_TOOLS - gives you the link to the same transaction)

but - you know that you won't see any data there for sync messages unless they end up in error right ?

(unless you set up monitoring value - logging_sync which is not recommeneded for PRD systems)

+ all enterprise services as ph EhP5 should be using SAP FEH which is also linked to SXI_MONITOR

Regards,

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i guess this issue might have some basic reasons, like  file system or data base. Have a look to ST06 / SM21.

also check  if the services SICF are active:

/default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/spi_monitor

/default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/spi_procmonitor

/default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/spi_trace

/default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/spi_admin

Message was edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for explanation. I already set LOGGING_SYNC in our development system, however no changes. Also some messages failed (errored messages), but still nothing can be seen in SXI_MONITOR.

So does that mean it should be visible in SXI_MONITOR?

Best Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald, and other Gurus

Same scenario, same issue- when i test it using SOAPUI, it gives success message in PI. cannot see any messages in sxmb_moni.

Data is not able to get posted in SAP. mine is Synch scenario, single stack PO.

Please reply on how you resolved this issue?

Thanks

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Have you set the trace leve in the smicm transaction?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this influence the entries in SXMB_MONI or the entries in the tracing of the SOAMANAGER? Still my question is: Do I need to use SXMB_MONI for SOAP webservices or only SOAMANAGER tracing. However as I already mentioned: SOAMANAGER monitoring also only opens SXMB_MONI transaction.

Pranil1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Check below Michal's blog.

XI: I cannot see some of my messages in the SXMB_MONI

Regards,

Pranil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranil,

I know this blog from Michal. Please read me post carefully!! I already did those changes to the Integration Engine Configuration (see my screenshot above).

BR

H.

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

But this has only to do with the logging on the AEX. How about the issue that I cannot see any entries in SXMB_MONI on the backend system (ECC)?

Thanks and Best Regards

H.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

As far as i know sxi_monitor or sxmb_moni in ECC is only available for proxy communication and you are accesing via SOAP in  the ECC.

You will need go to SOAMANAGER transaction, there, you can activate the trace or log.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for the reply. However SOAMANAGER monitoring also starts SXMB_MONI via SAPGUI for HTML in the browser. So no difference.

Best Regards

Harald

0 Kudos

hi,

SXMB_MONI is in ABAP stack not in JAVA stack bcz thous messages are not showing in moni.

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikanth,

I am talking about the backend ECC system which is an ABAP system It is clear that AEX is Java-Only and that there is no SXMB_MONI available. However if you use Proxies for example, then you have all messages in SXMB_MONI of the backend ABAP system where the proxy is running.

Thus, why are the SOAP messages not available in SXMB_MONI...my understanding is these messages should be there as well, or is it really only for Proxy messages?

Best Regards

Harald