cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy SCA FILE USING SUM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I want to  deploy SCA file using sum in windows server 2012. what is the procedure to deploy SCA File Using SUM.  Please can any one  guide me to close this issue.

Regards

Suresh Chirra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Download all the files into a directory and then run the SUM ,

in the step where it asks for the stack.xml select the manual directory option and

proceed.

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

the steps deppend entirelly on what kind of SCA you are trying to deploy.

SUM is very strict on on it's rules about deployment.

If you are simply trying to apply a patch, you can follow Boris' answer above. But the Manually Prepared directory cannot be used to import a Support Package from a component that is part of an Usage type into the system (For example BP, ERP, CRM, etc) .

For a Support Package update, you will need to generate a XML file in MOPZ, but MOPZ cannot generate a XML for a single file, only for a full stack.

If the SCA is a custom application, you can use SDM (Netweaver 7.0x) or the Deploy controller (Netweaver 7.1x and up), depending on the release. The following notes might help:

656711  - Deploying Java Support Packages with SDM

For more information on the deploy controller, please check this URL:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/ae/01343ef3f9ff2de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

If you are trying to deploy a customized component, please check the following SAP note:

1824237 - Redeploying customized development components with SUM

In order to help you further, can you please clarify which SCA file you're trying to deploy?

Best Regards,

Rafael

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

my recommendation is to check the documentation, see

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000783082011E/SUM10SP08_Guides.htm

chapter "Applying Single Component Updates and Patches Using a Manually Prepared Directory",

and SAP Note 1641062.

Regards, Boris

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos