Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC 10

jose_alves2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good morning dear experts,

In our company we have an ERP 6 another with only HR and a BI installed.

We have all the systems with the proper and tested authorizations concerning SOX, SOD and other internal specifics, because our internal audit department.

We want to install now a GRC 10 Access Control system, that we expect to help us in managing centrally all the other systems.

As I understand, with the BRM we can create Roles and Users from the GRC system and send them to the other systems.

My question is:

Can I use the roles that are allready in place on the other systems (import them ...) or do I need to creat everything again, and delete/desactivate the Roles on the ERP,HR and BI systems.

Hope you could understand my concerns.

Many thanks in advance.

José Alves

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member225453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Yes, you can import the roles from any system you want.

First you need to run Repository sync job in order to fetch them all in GRC box and then you can Import them via two ways into GRC BRM application.

Either you can import them into BRM via Role file or directly from the backend system using as a Authorization Source.

Please follow the below WIKI document which will help you in understanding the import concepts.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/GRC/AC+10.0+Role+Import

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Shreya Gupta

jose_alves2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

Many thanks for the swift response.

I took a look at the link you send, so to see if I understood well.

After import the Roles from the others systems, I can start to create the Rules or use the standard provided. After that every change in a Role or user, it should be done only in the GRC box and the propagated to the peripheral systems. Is this correct?

Many thanks,

José Alves

former_member225453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

The changes done in the roles in GRC box will be propogated to its peripheral systems only when you

sync the changes done. If you make any change in the role in BRM, then you will have to sync those

changes back to the backend system in order to update them.

Best Regards,

Shreya Gupta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear José,

within BRM - Business Role Mangement - you have the possibility to import roles from your backend system. Templates are available within GRC so that the import itself is very easy.

If you need further information let us know.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alessandro/ Jose,

The role import is "easy"? OK, sure, it is easy. You may or may not end up with roles that are usable, but technically, yes, it is easy to go through the steps. However...

• Just because the background job reports SUCCESS does not mean you have usable roles imported.
  • Sometimes you get errors with no explanation; you just have to figure out what you did wrong and try again.
  • Some of the fields marked as MANDATORY on the template are not necessarily mandatory.

• You might or might not have any components in your composite roles, depending on what SP you are on. If you have an issue with that, there is a Note.
  • It is not WYSIWYG. The role details export does not necessarily accurately reflect what you just imported nor does it necessarily accurately reflect what roles are available for request. It also exports with lots of extra random rows that make it more challenging to validate against the original file import.

A lot of it depends on how much BRM you are using and your landscapes as well as the SP.

Expect to spend a lot of time in the Support Portal. Good luck.

Gretchen