cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SAP GUI 7.30 (Can't close SAP Logon entry window)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I recently upgraded from SAP GUI 7.20 to SAP GUI 7.30. Unfortunately the main window (SAP Logon) doesn't close when I click the "X" button on the top right to close the window. The window is just minimized but not closed. For better understanding of what I mean please see the following picture. As mentioned before, when I click the close button the window is just minimized but not closed.

Has anyone a solution for this issue? Or is this a bug? We are using 7.30 SP 5 (latest). Thanks in advance!
Jann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jann

This is a new feature introduced in 7.30 that brought the correct behavior.

See note

http://service/sap.com/sap/support/notes/1749369    SAP Logon icon in taskbar remains visible

Please open ALT+F12 -> Options -> SAP Logon Options -> General -> 'Hide SAP Logon in Task Bar'

to see if this helps.

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again Jude, that's it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As a user/customer I'd like to know how I can implement the required fix for this problem.

Thank you,

Elaine

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should do what Jude said:

Please open ALT+F12 -> Options -> SAP Logon Options -> General -> 'Hide SAP Logon in Task Bar'

to see if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jann,

I don't have those options. I'm not a programmer, I'm a SAP end user.

Would appreciate some help.

Thanks!

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elaine,

This doesn't require programming.  Open your SAP Logon, and click on the little icon in the upper left corner.

A drop-down menu will appear.  Click on Options.

Expand SAP Logon Options and select General.  Toggle the checkbox for Hide SAP Logon (Pad) in tray bar as appropriate for your desired behavior.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for all the great images! But, sad to say I don't have the option to hide the sap logon pad.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is also a registry setting (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPLogon\Options\HideToTrayBar) that controls this, but if you are not comfortable messing with the registry yourself then I would not recommend trying to edit it.

Even if the option has been made read-only (which your Basis team can do), it still should show up, so I wonder what SAPGUI version and patch level you are using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Administrator has registry locked down, otherwise, I'd make the change. Here's a thought for creators/developers of sap...puleeeze give users a lot more options to personalize and change defaults. The limitations are really difficult at times. Having to enter redundant key strokes really does affect efficiently, productivity and opinion of the app.

A user friendly application makes happy users.

For giggles, here the creds for our SAP

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There actually are a great many ways to customize and personalize SAPGUI, but your administrators can lock these down.

Patch 3 is very old.  That might be why this option doesn't appear for you (I don't know at which patch level it first appeared).

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I think patch 4 Matt.

Answers (0)