cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input mapping in calculation views

0 Kudos

Hi,

Good Morning.

I am facing a problem in calculation views, it would be great to get some insight from you all.

I have created a sql script calculation view c2, which calls another graphical calc view c1 with parameters and this part works fine.

Next i am trying to create a graphical view calculation view c3 which calls c2, i have defined parameters and mapped also,but i am not able to fetch the result.

Kindly help

Preeti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

I am sorry but I did not understand your issue. Are you saying that the parameters are not getting passed between C3 to C2 or C2 is not generating any results.

Can you please check the values of the parameters in C2 by inserting the values in some log table or something and then check if your script is generating the correct result for the passed in parameter values.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hey Ravi,

View C2(script) is giving the desired result. But when in view C3(graphical) i try to use view C2 in projection and give input parameters and also map them accordingly, i am unable to get the same result.

My requirement is to create a graphical view that uses the scripted view with input parameters.

Regards,

Preeti

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

Can you please try data preview on the projection in the Calc View (C3). It should call the underlying Calc view. It gets difficult to debug HANA views but check if the preview thing works for you. The earlier suggestion of inserting the data to a log table will not work as the SQL script Calc view is READ ONLY procedure.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hey,

I got the result

The input parameters should be passed in lower case ( i had defined it in upper case).

Thus, now the mapping is correct.

By comparing the "show log" such errors can be rectified.

Regards,

Preeti

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great . Have fun with complex modeling. I am sure you must be aware that such a data model

Graphical Calc View (C3) based on Script based Calc View (C2) based on Graphical Calc view (C1) is not recommended. This will have impact on the performance.

Regards,

Ravi