cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALES BOM Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All  In sales BOM pricing, delivery & inventory is carried on sub-item. The main item is the text item.  If there are 5 sub item for a BOM a,b,c,d,e & if for example for item d & e there is no stock.  Will it allow me to create a BOM & what will be the effect on SO, Del. & Invoice.  Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through the following note

• Note 901808 - Confirmed quantity is not correlated on subitems

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The effect would be specific to the item. BOM has nothing to do with the concept of STOCK / NO Stock.

In your case, If there is stock then system would try to confirm on the requested delivery date - If not then it will consider the next best available date.

Please let me know for any further clarification.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi   Thanks for the reply  If the system consider next possible date for 2 materials will I be able to deliver & invoice rest of the 3 materials for which stock is available.  Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, absolutely possible, as I have seen working for one of my requirements.

Please let me know if you face any problem.

Regards

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

Yes, the three sub-items can be delivered and billed.

The two sub-itmes shall be delivered in a separate delivery note and separate billing document.

If you want to restrict this (i.e. all sub-items should be delivered together, in one delivery document) then use the functionality "Complete delivery".

This is in the customer master record, Sales Area Data, Tab Shipping & in the sales order, Header level, Tab Shipping.

One of my clients that sold BOM used this functionality.