Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany Sales and Intercompany STO Billing Issue

former_member182339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Plant A=Company Code 2000

Plant B=Company Code 1000

Need your help with an inter company issue.  Shipments were made from Plant A to Plant B in July.  These shipments in the end should record and inter company receivable on A entity and an inter company payable on Plant B Entity.  The inter company payable to A did not happen in SAP.  We are not sure why.  I believe this was done as an STO and  Plant B did process the receipt of the material. 

Before this it never happened as

Usually Plant A purchases from Plant B and not the other way around. So this time it is different.

So how do we correct this in terms configuration.

Thank You

Hrushikesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I understood correctly your issue, you are getting AR postings, but AP is missing, right? In STO one of way to get AP posting automatically is through IDOCs (type of the IDOC is INVOIC01). Please check if you have done all customizing for EDI to trigger IDOC creation and it's proper handling: tcodes WE20, WEL1, OBCA, OBCE, OBCD and configuration of the output assigned to the SD billing triggering IDOC itself.

You may also refer to the configuration guide:

http://help.sap.com/bp_bniv2604/bblibrary/documentation/b12_bb_configguide_en_de.doc

(as MM/SD steps are working fine, you can go directly to EDI setup).

Thanks!

Vlad

former_member182339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The scenario is like this

Plant A=Company Code 2000

Plant B=Company Code 1000

1-Usuaaly Plant A  Company code 2000 use STO to get products from Plant B Company code 2000.

2-Company A recives the good and store it in their plant.

3- Sales to there customers and handles customer return and issue the credit memo to customer.

till this now its good

Now when customer returns they don't want to store the return goods instead wanted plants in Company code 1000 ( Plant B) to take it back.

In that process they create a new STO where the Plant B receives the good back.

What is the best practice and how can i manage this in SAP with standard process?

What should be the ideal process for this?

Thank You

Hrushikesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hrushikesh,

As I understood in your case you have return process which claims both inventory return to the supplier plant and proper reversals in AR/AP sides. I would see 2 solutions here (involving SD/MM as standard STO):

1. The one you use - change the supplier/receive plant to show that goods are now supplier by ex-receiver. So, you have vice versa situation and you ship goods back. From my point, this is most convenient approach as you can make customizing and this will bring the flow.

2. You can use 'Return item' indicator in PO line. Then, you are creating same PO as original one, mark this indicator and proceed with STO flow. However, in this case you would need to think how to determine types of documents properly (as you will not have debit, but you will have credit side instead - you would need other types). This is not reachable through customizing and you would need customer-exits for delivery and for billing creation programs to change the document type properly. This is possible, but I think this would require more afforts and will be less transparent.

P.S. Most of customers I have seen use 1st approach as it's closer to SAP standard

Thanks!

Vlad

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the movements in the delivery. Mov 641 is for STO, mov 643 for intercompany. If it happens (mov 641) Check the settings for schedule and delete them. Check also the copy rules for avoid it again.

See SAP Note 109254 - Customizing stock transport order Cross Company as a checklist

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

It seems ,they have maintained all configuration settings in SAP.After shipment completion ,do Billing and clear the transactions .

Note : If you tell more things about this ( Problem ) then I will assist you correctly .

Thanks,

Naren