Did you mean: 

doubt abt mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to all if iam using file to mail scenario means,

i want to send the data to multiple receivers

that means different different mail id's

there may be thousands of mail id's in the receiver side

then how can i achieve this problem .if any one helps on this means its gr8 to me

thanks & regards

giri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sesha,

a workaround for your this problem is : create a mail id .......give this mail id in mail adapter.......then go to this mail id inbox.......create a trigger mail rule that whenever a mail comes of alert, then forward this mail to all the reciepients in yur receipent list........

But as far as mail adpater is concerned, i think only one mail id can be given in it....

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev,

Idea about triggering is good ,

but in Mail Adapter we can specify multiple Mail ID's.

Check this link

Regards

Prasad

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

It is possible..

Mentioned all receivers in receiver determination step using XPath for defining Condition for that receivers.

Go through this link for XPATH:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under To, specify the e-mail address that will receive the message. If you enter more than one address, you must separate them with a semicolon.

If you have specified an IMAP server under URL, the message is saved in the specified folder but is not sent to the receiver specified under To.

You can send to mutliple mail ids in <To>multiple mail ids with semicolon </To>

Also see the below links to get more details on MAIL Adapter.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/6b/4493404f673028e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address - Dynamic Mail Address

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes....you can send mails to multiple ID's with the seperation of semi column( in To option of your Mail Adapter.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you do message processing with the mail adapter, you have usually a unique mail address.

When you want to send circulars, I am not sure if XI is the right tool.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

we can specify multiple ids ....with semicolon

we can do it in CC or BCC also with semicolon as separator

check this thread

Message was edited by:

Raghavesh Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sesha,

Check out this doc and you willl find how to configure mail adapter.

[original link is broken]

If you go through this doc you will find that there is one parameter "To" where you need to specify the receiver mail ID within that smtp ... so you can specify multiple receiver mail Id's separated by semicolon.

Hope this will help you

Regards

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usual Solution is to create a Group mail id on ur Target Mail server and assign individual mail id's to it..Helps to manage your mailing mechanism better..Typical example would be grouping: SDUsers, MMUsers, TechnicalSupport etc..based on user identities..You will have to create support GroupIdentities in SAP as well..