cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable previous button in sub step(first sub step) /how to invisible/rename FPM buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1. I couldn't able to get a way to make enable the previous button for the first sub step , so I couldn't able come back to main steps until I finish my substeps..please find the screen shot for better view.
  2. Second one -  how can I invisible the FPM stranded buttons(Previous/Next) and rename them.
  3. Is there any way that I can trigger the FPM event(OVERRIDE_EVENT_GAF/PROCESS_EVENT) from web dynpro events ?

Thanks in advance

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member219762
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I hope this help you http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47092

Regards,

Sreenivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

1. In FPM (GAF) we don't have any control on the global toolbar (Previous, Next). But as suggested in previous post you can define your own button in your substep and fire the event to come on previous button.

2.  Yes you can't enable/disable or hide/unhide the standard button.

3. You can fire the event through IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK implemented methods in your component controller of WD component. That will be automatically triggered in OVERIDE_EVENT_OVP and PROCESS_EVENT method.

Hope this will help.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

1) for this use case you normally define an own button within the substep having the FPM standard event FPM_EXIT_TO_MAIN_STEP behind. With this the user exits the substep and navigate to its Main Step.

2)  It is in the nature of a GAF having Previous and Next buttons. What you could do is having a final action for a substep which allows you additionaly raising a final action event and leaving the substep.

3) Which issue do you like to solve with this idea?!?

Regards, Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Thanks for the suggestions, tell me first the way to hide and rename the FPM buttons, than its easier for me to add custom buttons.

For the 3rd question...on my web dynpro screen user have a option to go road map, if he selects NO..i have to disable the next button of FPM

Thanks

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you don't need to disable the next button - if the user should stay for whatever reason on this step, just throw an error message and let the FPM fail... So the navigation is not triggered.

Further information you find on the FPM dev guide --> Learning page, scroll to the bottom.

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Yes I agree am doing the same for my validations to stay on the same page and to stop navigation..but my client requirement is he don't want to see the previous button even grayed out on the first step.

The most priority issue for me to give the back(previous) to for the substep to go back to the main step..as per your suggestion in earlier responses ..I need to make the that invisible the FPM Previous button instead of that I will use my custom button.....suggest me how can I make invisible the FPM given Previous button.

And another burning point for  me to hide the multiple steps in my road map...?

Thnaks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

have a look at interface IF_FPM_CNR_GAF (access by CL_FPM_SERVICE_MANAGER). Through this interface you have acces to the toolbar (But that means you've to set up your toolbar always at runtime).

@Roadmap the roadmap is definfed per configuration and as from my knowledge you don't have runtime access to it.

My experience with FPM is, your are limited (and dependend on NW release), so wouldn't it be better to invest the time to create your own WDA?

Kind regards,

Daniel