cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with typical pricing case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

There is a requirement in my project to treat the of the Inter-company sales order differently than that of other orders. We are using the pricing procedure ZSALEU which is custom.

Now, the requirement is that for inter-company sales order, the pricing procedure should be odified to include one and only one pricing condition VPRS. At the same time, if the order generated is not for inter-company, the normal pricing determination should continue.

Is this possible to do using the same pricing procedure? Am I suppose to create a new pricinfg porcedure?

Please share your thoughts. Also, let me know if there is any other way of implementing the scenario.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!!

MYS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yunus Shahapure

I understood you are asking SCN openion on business solution to keep same pricing procedure for Intercompany sales order and Normel sales order or different PP.

I will suggest you to keep both pricing procedure seperate, if you have seperate sales document type.

As in your case, you mentioned seperate sales document for intercompany so use seperate pricing procedure.

Advantage:

• Keeping seperate Pricing procedure will help better maintainence and clarity.
  • You donot need to use so many routine unnecessary to activate or deactivate different condtion type based on intercompany or normel sales business scenario.
  • This will give you flexibility to change pricing procedure easily incase in future changing business need.

Please let me know in case you need further info.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Neeraj Lal

Thanks for the information Neeraj.

However, in my case, the Sales Document type is same, ZOR. But, when we will be using it for the intercompany sales order, this pricing difference is required.

Any thoughts on this will be very helpful.

Regards,

MYS

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like you want price procedure determination based on Item Category, or may be plant??

In case you want to determine price procedure based on your logic then you need to do zdevelopment.

Standard SAP pricing procedure get determines based on sales area, doc Pri proced and customer pricing proced.

Or you may also try to create logic to activate condtion type or access based on Plant ( Inter Company)  by keeping same pricing procedure. You can use routine for this.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

I think you're getting it right. The pricing procedure needs to be changed only for the customers(which are plants in this case).

Can it be done by maintaining no condition types for these intercompany customer (plants)? Let me know if you understand this or need more input.

Regards,

MYS

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yunus,

Your this reply bit confusing to me:

In Intercompnay there will be one sales order and two Invoice. One Invoce will be customer invoice which will have same pricing procedure as in sales order and another Invoice which will be intercompany  and it will have intercompany pricing procedure . Intercompany pricing procedue can have different condtion and will be determined in intercompany invoice. This is standard sap process

Now what is your query?? Do in sales order you want to determine different pricing procedure for few plant (Intercompany?)... or you have eissue in above mentioned business functionality?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neeraj,

My problem is when the sold to party is intercompany (for example another plant), the pricing procedure should contain one and only one condition type VPRS and nothing else. however, if we are sending it to an external customer then, it shoud have all the condition type that fulfill the criteria. All this is required in the sales order.

Did you get it?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yunus,

Neeraj has discussed this with you already. To reiterate,

- create two pricing procedures

(one with only condition type VPRS, and the other with all the required condition types)

- Based on different customers, in other words based on different CuPP (customer pricing procedures), determine respective pricing procedures

This way, for Intercompany customers (plants), the procedure would contain only VPRS

For other customers, the procedure would contain all the required condition types.

If there are any specific questions (related to your requirement), then please do convey.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hello Yunus,

if I understnd you correctly, you are scenario looks like stock transport between plants and it should lokk like as regular sales process. right? If yes, You can create requirement to not trigger other condition types in case customer is internal customer.

Or if it is regular intercompany process, In copy control between delivery and Inter company invoice use pricing type B. Carry out new pricing and don't maintain any price condition records. If there are any Mandatoty condition types, just write a requirement, so that it will not trigger for Intercompany invoice.

Warm Regards

Siav B

Warm Regards

Siva B

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

first of all to answer your question - yes, same order type , diff pricing procedure, possible.

it works on a combination of factors - in ur case have 2 diff customer pricing procedure.

now if u want same  pricing rocedure but with and without vprs then would suggest to understand the vprs con type from the forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Thanks for the information. I want two different pricing procedures in the pattern:

1. Normal Sales Order: The rpicing procedure ZSALEU should be used with all the condition types.

2. Inter company sales order: New pricing procedure that has only VPRS condition type should be used. No other condition type should be used other than VPRS.

Order type remains same i.e. ZOR.

Possible?

Thanks,

MYS

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Not possible why because The document should have at least 1 rupee ( Net Vale ) .If you dont use any another condition types other than VPRS then not possible .VPRS doesnt reflect on net value .

May I know ,what is the use of only creation of documents with VPRS ?

Note : It seems ,doesnt make sense .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MYS,

As many others suggested, there is no need to use different order types and different pricing procedures. Customer point of view, it doesn't make any difference between items delivered by the same company or by a different company. The sales process involves intercompany transaction as the sales organisation belongs to one company code and the delivery happens from a plant belonging to a different company code. System identifies it as intercompany when the ordering sales organisation and the delivering plant doesn't belong to the same company code. In this scenario the delivery split happens because the delivery of these items will be processed from a different shipping point. In addition to the regular sales cycle, the intercompany sales involves an additional activity of creating intercompany invoice (billing type - IV).

An intercompany pricing procedure (SAP standard -ICAA01) will be used for intercompany billing.

The customer billing will be same as for the other items and it is not different for the intercompany items.

The intercompany related condition types IV01 and IV02 are used in the intercompany pricing procedure and the condition types PI01 and PI02 will be part of your regular pricing procedure. Please check the standard pricing procedures RVAA01 and ICAA01.

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are very particular in using two different pricing procedures with same order type then i think here is how you can achieve it:

Have the pricing determination combination for the Intercompany scenario - with Customer Pricing Procedure maintained as say "Z" maintained at customer master level and have this maintaiedn in the pricing determination (VOK0 - tcode).

Regards

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yunus,

I want two different pricing procedures in the pattern:

1. Normal Sales Order: The rpicing procedure ZSALEU should be used with all the condition types.

2. Inter company sales order: New pricing procedure that has only VPRS condition type should be used. No other condition type should be used other than VPRS.

Order type remains same i.e. ZOR.

Possible?

Thanks,

MYS

As you know, the document flow for the intercompany sales process is -

OR>LF>F2, IV

That means there is ONLY one sales order created which is taken "to create" -

Bill to External customer

and Bill to Internal customer

So suppose bill to External customer should be 100USD,

and VPRS = 60USD

If it is a sales order for the intercompany sales process, then in order if net price = 60USD, then your company would bill the customer ONLY for 60USD (and not for 100USD).

This would be incorrect.

So in your company, for intercompany sales process

- what is the document flow?

- please give one example (taking billing amount to External customer = 100USD, and billing amount to Internal customer = 60USD, which is the VPRS value)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

When Materials is Same ,How will you show two different Material cots in Sales Order  ( VPRS ) ?

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

Please read my post again.

As I feel your question is not related to my post.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have little bit confused on this .Dont mind .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Is this possible to do using the same pricing procedure? Am I suppose to create a new pricing procedure?

No need to create New Pricing Procedure .Just create VPRS and insert in already created Pricing Procedure .VPRS doesnt effect on any thing .We will use it ,just for showing the cost of product .If you want ,then can keep it or dont want simply delete it .

Note : I can say ,only one thing is ,always One separate Pricing Procedure should be there for Inter company Sales because of we dont use Inter company Condition types in Normal Sales Process vice versa.

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello MYS,

Your question is unclear.

But if your requirement is to have separate Pricing Procedure for Normal Sales & Intercompany Sales then this is very much possible by defining a new Document Pricing Procedure for Inter Company Sales Orders.

Go to T-Code OVKI & create a new Document Pricing Proc - say - Z - IC sales.

Now assign this in your Intercompany Sales Order (T-code VOV8) & Invoice doucment type (T-code - VOFA) in filed - Doc. pric. procedure.

Subsequently maintain Pricing Procedure determination in T-Code OVKK. This will ensure that you can maintain different Pricing Procedure & different Conditions for Narmal & Intercompany Sales.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are getting it correctly. However, my client is using same order type for both Intecompany and Normal sales order i.e. ZOR. Is it possible to have 2 different pricing procedures for the same order type based on what we enter in the sold-to-party? For eample, for intercompany sales, the sold-to-party will be customer number of some plant. Is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use one pricing procedure for normal and inter-company sales. For inter-company sales, use condition types IV01 & IV02 with subtotal 9 and requirement 22. Maintain condition records for inter-company customer id & material for automatic determination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

Is this difference in Pricing Procedure possible if the order type remain the same? For example, the order type remains same ZOR in case of the inter company and normal sales orders. ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yunus,

As I mentioned, you may create one pricing procedure. Assign IV as inter-company billing document in ZOR via VOV8 T-code. When system recognizes a sale as inter-company sale, it will allow two billing documents with same Outbound delivery. first billing document will be to your customer from your Co code. Second billing document will be from other company code to your sales org id.

You may refer below blog as well.

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/sd/billing/blog/2013/07/16/inter-company-billing-process