cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between exists and createIf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In Node functions we are having createIf and exists. what is the difference between createIf and exists? Where we have to use createIf and where we have to use exists?

Thanks

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar

Source Node --- Exists ---target Node ..... this says that the target node will be created if and only if the source node (may be source occurences is 0...1)through which you are mapping exists or not.. If it than target node will be created if not than it wont be created ...

Source node -

creatIf---target Node ...... this says that there will be some condition in source side ...if that condition is true than create the target node otherwise do not create

Regard

Abhi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

source -

exists -

target

If there is a name node in source than only create the name node in target else not.

Its a very simple example i am giving which can moulded into any complex situations ...

Hope you got it else send me a sample source structure I will explain it with that.

Regards

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sridhar,

Source -

creatIf ---target ..... suppose if you have a condition that if the name field in source is not present than do not create the address node in target , if it is than create ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

CreateIf function has input a boolean value of true or false and its output is a target node.....to be created or not based on the input value........

Exists function has input a source node and outputs a boolean value of true or false depending whter the source node is present in source file or not....

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Revert back if you still had a doubt .........

Regards

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Thanks for your reply.. I am not cleared fully if u don't mine can u explain with any example.. so it may very easy to understand...

Thanks,

Sridhar