cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Plan with Multiple operations or group counters

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same material, 2 different vendors, QI info rec set up for each vendor, and calling for incoming inspection. 

1 is set up for incoming inspection under our typical sampling plan / typical inspection characteristic.

I want to set up a new plan for the new vendor under more stringent sampling plan and a different characteristic.

I have created a different sampling procedure with tightened inspection for the second one with different lot sizes and sample sizes than the other sample procedure.

I have added a second operation or group counter on the existing inspection plan.  The issue is ....When an inspection lot is created for this material, the system doesn't link any of the inspection plans to the inspection lot.  I have to do that manually and select one of the inspection plan operations. 

Is there a way for the system to pick one of the inspection plan operations automatically?  Can it do it based on inspection lot size?

Any comments or feedback on this will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inspection Plan will be picked up based on Material, Plant, Usage, Vendor in Material assignment & Lot size combination.

Define the Material Assignment with required vendor as per your requirement, so that system can pick up the appropriate inspection plan automatically.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member235613
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you create a new group counter or a new operation under the existing group counter? It sounds like you want a new group counter. Then assign the material/vendor combination to the appropriate group counter.

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aida

Do as suggested by MR. Maheswaran KD

Group Counter of both inspection plan  is same or not???

Group can be same but counter must be different. Assign Material, Vendor, Plant and Counter in Material Assignment tab in Inspection plan.

regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Exit  QPAP0002