cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily and PI(AEX java stack) monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

Has anyone used Wily to monitor your PI system? Our system is PI 7.3.1(AEX java only, aka PO). I have deployed the Wily agent, SMD, hostagent to the server. When I logon to the Wily EM, I cannot make any sense out of the "SAP XI" folder. For example, the Adapter folder has a channel folder underneath. It doesn't even list all the CC we have in the system. The statistics and messaging folder also have lots of stats that I don't understand what they actually mean. Of course, I cannot see how we can make use of it.

Can you advise if you can point me to good documentation on the Wily in terms of PI monitoring? I know that there is PIMON in solman 7.1. I am also working on it ... also struggling with it as we had lots of other issues that probably belong to another thread.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Billy and Mark.

Which Wily version are you using? I am on Wily EM V9. What I noticed is that when solman 7.1 pushes the Wily agent to the J2EE system, the version is V8. After I manually "changed" the Wily agent to V9, I see more data. But there are still a lot of errors in the Wily agent log directory. It is something like the following:

com.wily.introscope.spec.metric.BadlyFormedNameException:

Metric_Name_Is_Badly_Formed[SAP XI|Adapters|Channel|SAP

XI|Adapters|Channel|Receiver|RFC|<GeneratedReceiverChannel_RFC>_<*>_<BS_SD7_110>|POOL:CurrentReceiver|RFC|<RFC_Receiver1>_<>_<BS_SD7_140>|POOL]

at

com.wily.introscope.spec.metric.AgentMetricPrefixParser.validateSegment

(AgentMetricPrefixParser.java:135)

at

com.wily.introscope.spec.metric.AgentMetricPrefixParser.validate

(AgentMetricPrefixParser.java:104)

After I deleted the PI communication channel GeneratedReceiverChannel_RFC, it starts spawning errors on other communication channels. I have opened a ticket with SAP.

Aside from the channel process time, what other metrics do you guys use for PI? Note that we are on the single stack(aka process orchestration).

Thanks,

Jonathan.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which receiver channel is not showing up?  BS_SD7_110?

I found this on the CA forums:  https://communities.ca.com/web/ca-wily-global-user-community/message-board/-/message_boards/view_mes...

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Wily is more an analysis tool instead of a monitoring tool..

You can't see the communication channels separately in Wily, but you will see all messages for each adapter type, inbound queues, outbound queues, throughput etc.

In case you would like to monitor your PO system, the PIMON via Solution Manager - like you already mentioned - is the way to go!

If you face issues in that area, please post them on the forum as well.

Kind regards,

Mark

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No entirely sure what you are looking for, but here is an example of the PI section within Wily:

So the SolMan part of PI Monitoring is to allow for alerting and long term reporting, Wily is a realtime tool (15 sec delay for "real time") that can display various metrics if you need to monitor PI functions at that time.  Wily data is also only good for 30 days, with the free version that comes with SolMan, if you purchase the full version then I believe you can keep more history.

0 Kudos

Hello Billy,

How do i get to the above screen ?

Regards,

Ravi.